Can you get cirrhosis of the liver even if you don’t drink
Cirrhosis can be caused by chronic hepatitis B and C, blocked or inflamed bile ducts or inherited diseases. Have a great night! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-get-cirrhosis-of-the-liver-even-if-you-don%27t-drink ]
More Answers to “Can you get cirrhosis of the liver even if you don’t drink“
- Can you get cirrhosis of the liver even if you don’t drink
- Cirrhosis can be caused by chronic hepatitis B and C, blocked or inflamed bile ducts or inherited diseases. Have a great night!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What do these symptoms sound like?? HIV? Cirrhosis?
- Q: Please…I need someone to help me. I don’t trust doctors. A lot of times they are wrong with their diagnosis, so I feel more comfortable asking this on Yahoo answers. I will tell you my symptoms and experience and if ANYONE has ANY insight into what my problem may be…please respond. I am hoping the good spirits will lead me in the right direction as I’ve had these problems for over 10 years now. OK, so when I was a child I was pretty healthy…I got earaches from time to time and strep throat. I never had sex with anyone until I was 18. but I had bad breath when I was in school but not chronic. I think it was just due to a dry mouth but it was definitly worse than average so I had some underlying problem, I am sure of it. Also the infections were more than normal. Then at age 17 I had a MASSIVE overdose on MDMA AND SPEED during a 3 day binge (I know I was a moron and I deserve what I got,…but I didnt know how bad it was for you back then…but I still shouldnt of taken so many pills) I almost died. I went to the hospital and they couldnt figure out what was wrong. They said it was heroin withdrawl. I am sure that wasnt it. I dont think there was heroin in the pills. Even with the brown dots in them, I was told heroin in pills is a rumor. So, thats besides the point. Ever since the overdose, I have had insanely serious health problems. I also smoked weed everyday for 10 years (all day long…I was considered the biggest pothead in my town) I am sure this weakened my immune system since I did not do it in moderation. I will explain all my symptoms here in a moment. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. So, I think the pot is also a factor. Since I quit, I have felt slightly healthier. My serotonin seems to be back….My parasites have reduced, etc. So, I relate that to my immune system. Anyways, my symptoms are White Coated Tongue (also it is yellow sometimes…and it’s severe….brushing wont get rid of it….the only thing that reduces it is eating all raw food and living a healthy lifestlye…which is hard for me to do all the time) Alslo i have a swollen and (sometimes) dried up ankle(mostly when I drink a lot of alcohol). It’s also looks like my ankle is “scarred” …this could be when it got real dry and I picked the skin off and it started bleeding, but it was dry for 10 years. People would look at it and say “What’s wrong with your ankle!?” So, it is very abnormal. I looked up online and I think its ankle edema. My lower leg is also usually swollen. I am sure the overdose messed my liver up as I always have horrible breath even if I brushed and flossed 10x a day it wouldnt help. I know my body is overun by bacteria…thats ovbious to me. I am not sure what diseaes I have though since the doctors never diagnosed me correctly (and also i am AGAINST taking prescription drugs, as they also weaken your immune system…so I stopped going to the doctor over 8 years ago…since they never helped me anyways) I started eating as good as possible (organic foods, etc) but i also have been eating a lot of fast food now lately. I know I need to stop that as it just makes things worse. So, I know what to do, I just need to know what I could have, I am wondering if it might be HIV. I am terrified of needles so I dont want to get an HIV test. Also I’ve only had sex with 1 girl in my life….and she had the HIV test and came up negative…so I might not have HIV…but then again..I do have the symptoms of it. I also have bad parasites….I can see them when I goto the bathroom…they explode when they hit the toilet…and consquently I also have explosive diarhea (ESPECIALLY for the first 3 days after I quit smoking marijuana….which i rcently quit…but I am still having them right now as we speak) I have quit marijuana several times in my life and everytime I got the explosive diareha. One time I got severe Nausea and vomiting and was CHOKING on my own vomit. I couldnt breath and almost died. I got lucky and got some marijuana which stopped me from throwing up and saved my life. Now I dont get those severe symptoms anymore. Just headacles, and diareah and nausea, but no severe vomiting (thank god!) I think that is due to my years of eating healthy that has strengthened my immune system. Now dont be afraid to tell me I might have HIV…I am NOT a hypocondraict and I will not freak out over it. I really want to know…if I am told i have it…it will be even more motivation for me to do everything healthy so i can cure it. I know the “Cure” word is illegal for health people to use, but I know HIV can be cured…I believe in spiritual healing as well. I think this is the reason I am still here today. I mean, I have had these symptoms for SO LONG now (over 10 years) that you’d figure I would of gotten worse or died. I have actually gotten healtheir. I have heard of people with AIDS who have gotten healtheir to the point to where they only had HIV…so I believe that. I may be one of those cases. Iby the way I KNOW the pills had MDMA and Speed (but i seriously doubt heroin)in them because I know what both do to you. I had two different types. I had the pink panthers which were very high dose of MDMA (even one led me to seeing vibrations..but I took 10 of them in 2 days) And I had 5 white bombs which were straight amphetemines) I had the overdose in 1999 when pills were much stronger. You could compare it to eating about 50 pills in 3 days for nowadays stength.Plus you’re not supposed to mix MDMA and speed…it makes it more toxic. The short term effects were mostly heart problems and I couldnt sleep) I should of died. I definitly had a higher power watching over me.By the way I am not overweight at all. I am skinny. I am 30 years old and look like I’m 17….(no exageration)so I havent aged at all either during this crisis. I should of added that in my description. And my bones are very weak. I broke my finger from simply wrestling a friend. I used to wrestle all the time when I was younger and never even came close to breaking any bones..
- A: Sounds like eczema on your ankle. Drinking is poison/toxic for eczema it will flare it up.If you have dry mouth that can be what is wrong with your tongue. Smoking weed clogs the saliva ducts. Chew crushed ice for a few weeks should help tons. And help open ducts.I know many many old druggies. When there were real hard drugs in the late 60’s and 70’s. Much of what you say has nothing to do with the ones you did. (Bones being weak) That is from diet while on the drugs. Now your paranoia is drug related.If your liver was shot you would have jaundice before anything else.Think about cleaning yourself out. Parasites are nasty to one body.Your other question said you have some powers that most do not. Maybe your seeing the future with the AIDS if you do not change your ways. Some kind of warning???Just a thought.
- My mother is on her deathbed. Should I tell her goodbye?
- Q: My mother is dying of hepatitis C. I’ve not talked to this woman for over four years now, and am still repulsed by the idea. Please save your abhorred “of course, she’s your mother!” for after my explanation. One of my earliest memories as a child was of standing in the line at a Methadone clinic in San Antonio. There was a man that was always there with the the cutest, furriest little dog you’ve ever seen, and my sister and I would always play with it while we waited for the clinic to open. I remember that the people there used to be kind of scary, but being a kid I probably didn’t over think it. Of course my sister and I weren’t there by ourselves. Our mom would wake us up at 4am, to make the three hour trip with her once a month.I’m trying to think of how to really describe my mother. I could say ” a horrible person”, and you might picture the most horrible person you know, and liken her to that. But that’s not right, not by half. I guess it will have to do though. My dad died of liver cirrhosis when I was seven. I don’t remember very much about him, but I know I loved him. I can’t help but feel that my life would have been a lot different as a child had he not died so early. He would have stood up to my mother, and somehow would have helped her conquer her demons. The list of the disgusting, selfish, and cruel things she did to us is a lengthy one. I’ll not get into them all, but I feel a few examples are necessary to illustrate my problem. She once walked into our living room, where I was hanging out with some friends, naked. She was high out of her mind on some kind of pills, she kept so many that I don’t know which. She was screaming. It’s not an easy memory for me to force myself to dredge up from the dark recesses of my mind. Suffice it to say I don’t think I’ve ever felt as humiliated, infuriated, and hopeless as I did at that moment. She was constantly directing a stream of profanity at my sister and I. We were often told that our existence was a mistake. Also, “fucking little sluts” was used a lot, particularly after my first boyfriend started spreading the lie that I had cheated on him. Somehow she heard about this, and she threw it in my face on a fairly regular basis that I was “a fat cheating slut”. That was her other favorite, the fat thing. I guess back then I was kind of chunky. Hearing “Fat little bitch” and “Why don’t you just go stuff your face some more?” was enough motivation for me to lose 40lbs in one summer. Of course, I lost it because I developed an eating disorder. The only thing provided as far as basic essentials to life for my sister and I was a roof over our heads and clean water. That’s more than some people have, I know, but why have two children if that’s all you’ve got to offer? There was never food of any kind to speak of in our house. We ate our free lunch at school, and supper with our aunt, who, thank goodness, lived right next door. Things like shampoo, deodorant, tampons even… they weren’t provided. Once again we depended on the kindness of my aunt for these. She was extremely poor, but she helped us, and I’m grateful for it.I think you probably get the idea. She is a drug addict, a drunk, and a sad example of humankind.When I was 17 my friend and I moved in together. I was still going to high school, but we had our own little apartment that we paid for working fast food jobs. Today I live in a huge luxury apartment with my boyfriend of two years. I love him dearly, and this life I’ve created for myself. I’ve never looked back. I’m happy. Or was. This dilemma has been plaguing me for nearly a year now. I’ve got the most extreme set of morals of anyone I’ve ever met. What she did to us was wrong, in every sense of the word. The question is, is someday am I going to regret not making peace with her? I can’t for the life of me see how I would regret it, but still, as her life is ending, I’m running out of time to be certain.To those of you that would say, “Addiction is a disease, it’s not her fault”, to you I say, bullshit. I’ve conquered an addiction to methamphetamine in my teenage years, clinical depression, and an eating disorder. I’ve done it without drugs, therapy, or anything other than my own determination. And I don’t have kids. What more motivation should a person need to clean up their act than having two kids that need a mother?Another factor to consider is that I’m an atheist, and a proud one. I am not in the least bit interested in changing that. I can’t just forgive her for the sake of forgiveness, thinking that she will be judged after her time here is done. No. I believe people need to be held accountable for their actions here and now. I’m not looking for sympathy here, just an unbiased answer. And please, answer as if you didn’t have a higher power to turn to.
- A: I cannot fathom out why you want or need to say goodbye to be honest.To me, you said goodbye the day you walked out, fended for yourself, and, made a success of your lifeif you are doing this from some sense of misguided loyalty, i urge to to reconsider, it wont solve anythingif however you wish the chance to close this chapter once and for all, then do itYou come across, as a well balanced, thoughtful & educated person,I think that is all the closure you need on your pastlook to the futureit sounds like you have a bright one aheadBest wishes to you )O(