Staphylococcus are a group of bacteria that cause a multitude of diseases and are the main culprit in hospital acquired infections [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/define-staphylococcus ]
More Answers to “Define staphylococcus“
- What Staphylococus
- Any of the spherical bacteria that make up the genus Staphylococcus. The best-known species are present in great…more?
- What is staphylococcus?
- Staphylococcus is a generic name for a group of bacteria. Having staphylococcus can mean that tissues in the body can be infected with groups of bacteria. Look here for more information: http://www.medicinenet.com/staph_infection/article.ht…
- What does staphylococcus mean?
- 1. spherical Gram-positive parasitic bacteria that tend to form irregular colonies; some cause boils or septicemia or infections
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can someone help me with these questions…please?
- Q: A genus can best be defined as _________. a. a taxon composed of families b. a taxon comprised of one or more species and below family c. a taxon belonging to a species d. a taxon comprised of classes e. the most specific taxon Which of the following is in the correct order from the most general to the most specific? Kingdom-phylum-class-order-family-genus-species Kingdom-class-order-family-phylum-genus-species Species-genus-family-order-class-phylum-kingdom Species-genus-phylum-family-order-class-kingdom Phylum-kingdom-class-order-genus-family-species Fossil evidence indicates that prokaryotic cells first existed on the Earth ________. 350 years ago 3500 years ago 3.5 million years ago 3.5 billion years ago 3.5 x 1012 years ago Nucleic acid hybridization is based on the fact that ________. the strands of DNA can be separated a chromosome is composed of complementary strands pairing between complementary bases occurs DNA is composed of genes None of the above Which of the following is most useful in determining whether two organisms are related? If both ferment lactose If both are gram-positive If both are motile If both are aerobic All are equally important Which of the following is not an enteric? Salmonella Shigella Escherichia Enterobacter Staphylococcus aureus
- A: the first one might be B.the second one is Kingdom-phylum-class-order-family-genus-..idk the rest, sorry.hope this helps :)))