Do gerbils have seizures
Seizures are a common disease problem in gerbils, with 20-40% of gerbils affected. This is an inherited trait from their family. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-gerbils-have-seizures ]
More Answers to “Do gerbils have seizures“
- Do gerbils have seizures
- Seizures are a common disease problem in gerbils, with 20-40% of gerbils affected. This is an inherited trait from their family.
- Can gerbils have seizures?
- Gerbils that are purchased from pet stores are very likely to have seizures. This is because the farms that they come from do not put any care into the long term effects of poor breeding practices so disorders occur frequently. Seizures in …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What does a gerbil seizure look like? I don’t want to have her freak out about it before I’m sure.?
- Q: I think my roommate’s gerbil just had one. He sat there staring into space and was paddling his paws for several seconds. Before that he was sort of knocking his tail against his little home for several seconds, and then spastically running on his wheel. He’s resting now.
- A: Some gerbils that have seizures will stand still and not move. AGS gerbils has a good article on Seizureshttp://www.agsgerbils.org/Gerbil_Care_Handbook/health.php#seizureshttp://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=18&cat=1799&articleid=2609
- Activites for my pet gerbil?
- Q: I have a gerbil who always looks like he wants me to let him out and play with him when i walk near his cage. the thing is, some gerbils get seizures and can’t have too much activity. Mine is one of them. I have tried letting him roll around in a ball, but he doesn’t like it. He used to have a brother to play with, but he died earlier in the summer so he has nothing to do. i give him toliet paper rolls and he enjoys to chew them but, i’ve read that gerbils are very social &i would like to do more with him.Also, i would appreciate non smarta** answers like “let it play with a cat” or “get a real pet, like a dog.” thanks.
- A: You can get him plastic tubes which you can connect on to the cage and he can crawl through them when ever he wants.
- plz help! i have a spaztic gerbil!?
- Q: my gerbil has seizures alot! why does he do this and how can i help?? he is a single male and how long would they live alone?
- A: i had a male gerbil too and it acted funny sometimes. im pretty sure that gerbils only last a couple of years, and if it has seizures it just might be old, or sick, but either way, he may die soon. sorry to be negative but thats what happened to mine.