Does smoking cause heart problems
Yes, a person’s risk of heart disease and heart attack greatly increases with smoking. Nicotine causes heart disease by decreasing oxygen to the heart, increasing blood pressure, increase blood clotting and damages coronary arteries. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-smoking-cause-heart-problems ]
More Answers to “Does smoking cause heart problems“
- How exactly does cigarette smoking cause heart problems??
- Smoking cigarettes narrows your blood vessels.Then your heart has to work harder to pump the blood. Too many years of that and you’ll have high blood pressure and an enlarged heart. That means your heart is more swollen and “flabby”…
- Can Smoking weed and cigarettes cause heart problems??
- YES! The heart and lungs work together to provide oxgenated blood to your body but when you damage the lungs, you damage the heart. You are at risk for heart disease, heart attack, stroke, and problems with your arteries due to smoking, all…
- Does Smoking Pot Have Anything To Do With Heart Problems??
- When you inhale smoke into your lungs it passes through minute air sacs into your bloodstream. in your blood is a substance called haemoglobin. this substance carries oxygen. so the smoke latches on to the haemoglobin therefore reducing the…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How exactly does cigarette smoking cause heart problems?
- A: Smoking cigarettes narrows your blood vessels.Then your heart has to work harder to pump the blood. Too many years of that and you’ll have high blood pressure and an enlarged heart. That means your heart is more swollen and “flabby” and doesn’t work like a strong muscle. Eventually the heart just quits.
- Does quitting smoking cause serious throat infection?
- Q: I was a regular smoker for almost 5 years with 5-6 ciggarettes a day. But from november i had quit smoking. but for the past 2 weeks i am having severe cough. My friends are saying smoking shpuld be quit step by step. It should not be stopped abruptly. They are saying it may cause even Heart arrest. is that true. Please clarify. I expexct valuable answers which can clear my doubt and this problem……..
- A: good that you quit smoking…quitting does not cause any infections…as a matter of fact it hellps regain your health…your friends’ views are not correct. No one can stop smoking step by step…..u have to do it abruptly and remain a non smoker for the rest of your life….wishing you good health.
- Can smoking marijuana cause an unsafe, rapid heartbeat?
- Q: I’ve been smoking marijuana casually and socially for the last year. When I do smoke, it allows me to relax and have a good time with my friends. I’ve encountered no problems while smoking until recently. In the last month, every time I’ve smoked my heart rate seemed to increase very rapidly to the point where it makes me feel very uneasy. I’m aware that smoking marijuana increases your heartbeat by a considerable amount, except experience was very different to the other times I’ve smoked. Because of this odd feeling, I’ve stopped smoking until I can figure out what if anything is wrong. I have no heart problems, nor does anyone in my family. I’m 18 years old and I would consider myself very active; I work out very frequently, and I also eat healthy and have a low BMI. Lastly, I would like to add that this peculiar feeling occurs only when I smoke. Do you think that this is my mind over exaggerating my slightly increased heartbeat, or is my health in jeopardy? All advice and ideas are welcome. Thanks.
- A: my heart goes extemely fast. it doesnt do anything tho. just gives you a rush. dont worry about it. it cant kill you