How can fruits help your body
Fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that may help protect you from chronic diseases. Compared with people who consume a diet with only small amounts of fruits and vegetables, those who eat more generous – More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-fruits-help-your-body ]
More Answers to “How can fruits help your body“
- How can fruits help your body
- Fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that may help protect you from chronic diseases. Compared with people who consume a diet with only small amounts of fruits and vegetables, those who eat more generous -…
- How do fruits help your body?
- They contain vitamins, fibre, enzymes, and so on.
- Will eating only fruits and veggies for one day help my body at a…?
- it certainly won’t hurt, but ideally a fruit and vegetable detox should last 3 days because it takes about that long for your body to process the fruits and veggies and rid your body of the toxins and junk that you are trying to get out. Th…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can someone please tell me in detail, what the main things in a diet do for your body?
- Q: when you’re dieting to lost weight and you ask people what to eat, they tell u to eat stuff like fruit, veggies, whole grains, protein etc….can u tell me what all those things do for you body and how they help to lose weight?
- A: A calorie is not a calorie. The body does not follow logical mathematical equations. Metabolism is controlled by nutrition. You can’t eat 600/1000/1500/2000 calories of fruit and vegetables (pick a number, it doesn’t matter – only the amount of fat stored changes) , your body will treat it as being starved (which it is, starved of nutrition) and will shut down your metabolism as if you’re eating nothing, but will store every possible ounce as fat. You may lose water weight and the lean tissue the body has to strip for nutrition, but that just makes fat storage more efficient. Inversely, you wont gain weight on 5000 or more calories of fat & protein (if fat is 65% of calories) because insulin (the fat storage hormone) is not activated.Eating carbohydrates while trying to lose body fat is terribly inefficient. When in glycolysis (burning glucose as fuel) you have to lower your calories (which slows your metabolism) and exercise heavily to deplete your glycogen stores before burning body fat.High fat, adequate protein and very low carbs will after 3 days convert your body to burning fat as fuel (ketosis). While in ketosis you will burn dietary fat and if dietary fat is more than sufficient, body fat directly. High calories will keep the metabolism at maximum fat burning capabilities.Your body requires fats, you will die without them. Your body requires protein, you will die without them. You will die if you eat protein without fat. You do not require carbohydrates. The body can manufacture all it needs from the protein/fat combination.Glucose is the bodies preferred fuel (if you want to get technical, if actually burns alcohol most efficiently, but that doesn’t make it any healthier for the body than carbs), the body can convert 100% of carbs, 58% of protein & 10% of dietary fat into glucose. The body can also be fueled by fat (dietary fat & fat cells) but only in the absence of carbs. Your brain actually prefers to be fueled by ketones (part of the fat burning process), only the heart requires glucose, but glucose can be easily converted from fat stores or excess protein if needed or dietary fat.You will lose more body fat eating protein and fat (don’t eat protein alone) than not eating AT ALL. To lose weight fast eat all you want but nothing but meat, eggs, healthy oils, mayo, butter and half an avocado a day (you’ll need added potassium). Keep the calories high and the fat percentage high, at least 65% of calories. Adding in green vegetables & some cheese will continue weight loss but at a slower pace.Your body won’t release fat stores if you lower calories below what it needs. It will slow your metabolism to compensate and store every spare ounce as fat. If you continue lowering your calories, it will continue lowering that set point, til you can survive off nothing and store fat on anything. The body will only release it’s fat stores if it knows there is plenty of food.Simple carbohydrates (sugar, flour, bread, cereal, pasta, potatoes, rice) triggers insulin which can store the calories you eat into fat. The more protein you eat the more the fat burning hormone glucagon is released. The more carbohydrate you eat the more the fat storage hormone insulin is released.Simple carbs are addictive and can be disastrous to our health. The best way to break the addiction is NO carbs for 3 days. Make a huge batch of deviled eggs and eat one every time you want “something” have huge omelets for breakfast, with bacon, a lil onion, peppers, mushrooms & cheese. Pork chops for lunch. Get pork rinds and eat them with tuna salad. Steak for dinner. Make a huge sugar free cheese cake for dessert. Eat so much you won’t feel deprived of anything. By the fourth day, your addiction will be gone and you can start making healthy choices.High insulin levels unbalance other hormones. Controlling your insulin level will balance out other hormones & allow human growth hormone (HGH) to be produced naturally so you will gain lean muscle even without exercise. Any exercise will greatly increase your muscle mass with high HGH levels.Once you get near your goal, you start adding 5 carbs every week til you gain weight, then you subtract 10 carbs. That would give you your personal carb level (everyone is different and it depends on how active you are.) As long as you remain <9 carbs per hour, you will maintain insulin control, and shouldn’t gain weight. Many people gain weight on high carb, then switch to low carb to lose weight & then are shocked when they return to high carb that they gain weight. Many people can return to moderate carb levels but very few can really eat all they want of sugar and maintain weight or health.Dr.Atkins was a cardiologist, low carb was a health plan easier sold as a “diet” Read any of his books for easily understandable science. Lutz “Life without Bread” & Taubes “Good calorie, bad calorie” are excellent books that dispel all the nutrition myths.Reducing body fat and increasing muscle mass will have you in awesome shape in no time. Good luck!
- Know how your not supposed to mix red bull and alcohol…?
- Q: I guess because it gets the alcohol through your body quicker right? well if that is the case, can it work the same way with nutrients? What I mean is if you ate a bunch of fruits and vegatables and washed it down with red bull does it start helping your body sooner?
- A: If thats true its probably because of the caffeine making the blood pump the alcohol through the body faster
- How to bench twice your body weight but still be fast?
- Q: Hi there guys. I’ve been working out for a year now and I’ve hit a plateau, and I can’t seem to get stronger. I’ve just been able to lift 1.25x my body weight, but I really want to double it. I am 5’7 and weigh 140 pounds. I can bench, squat, dead lift, do 25 perfect pull ups, do 130 push ups, do 120 crunches and run a 6 minute mile. What I want to do is that I want to lift twice my body weight, yet at the same time still be able to run 4-6 minute miles and to swim 1 mile in 28 minutes. I eat healthy; usually 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. I get my rest, but I don’t sleep well – usually about 6-7 hours of sleep each night – and I have to sleep on the bus on the way home (I’m in high school). Before i leave to join the Marine Corps when I turn 18, and then try out for Reconnaissance when I’m say, maybe 21, I would like to be in the best shape possible (do triathlons and to still lift twice my weight). So yeah, I need help. And I really don’t like supplements.
- A: Try weighted dips if you can and negative bench press were you put on more weight than you can lift and slowly let the weight down with your own power and have your spotter help you lift it up. But try to lift it up if you can. You also need to work out your shoulders if your not already. That will help out alot.