How many diseases does smoking cause
Almost everyone knows that smoking causes cancer, emphysema, and heart disease; that it can shorten your life by 10 years or MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-diseases-does-smoking-cause ]
More Answers to “How many diseases does smoking cause“
- How many diseases can smoking cause?
- Probably every single form of cancer Cardiovascular disease # Coronary thrombosis: a blood clot in the arteries supplying the heart, which can lead to a heart attack. Around 30 per cent are caused by smoking. # Cerebral thrombosis: the vess…
- What diseases does smoking cause?
- Smoking causes many different types of diseases. Lung cancer is the main leader in this. It can also include high blood pressure, liver disease, and throat cancer.
- WHAT ARE THE DISEASES THAT SMOKING CAN CAUSE??
- There are many reasons that lead people to finally make the decision to stop smoking. Besides the monetary cost (the new Federal tax that went into effect on April 1, 2009, amounts to $1.01!), or the social stigma of smoking, the best reaso…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does smoking lead to tooth decay, gingivitis and periodontal disease?
- Q: I always hear that tobacco smokers have a greater risk of developing many different dental and mouth problems. I realize that smoking stains the teeth brownish yellow and causes bad breath(besides causing many serious diseases), but how exactly does it lead to tooth problems like causing cavities and gum disease? Please note, I am a non-smoker, but some people in my family smoke. Does the same go for marijuana smokers, or only tobacco smokers?
- A: Smoking and other tobacco products can lead to gum disease by affecting the attachment of bone and soft tissue to your teeth. More specifically, it appears that smoking interferes with the normal function of gum tissue cells. This interference makes smokers more susceptible to infections, such as periodontal disease, and also seems to impair blood flow to the gums — which may affect wound healing.
- Politically speaking how many people think smoking tobacco doesn’t cause cancer or heart disease?
- Q: Tell me why you do or don’t think it does or doesn’t.The tabacco industry was once as powerful as the oil industry in the United States. They used the same kind of arguments and tactics against their detractors that we see the oil industry using against global warming scientists today. Today some thirty to forty years later we find an almost 100% agreement that smoking is the major cause of disease. What will the future bring for climate change in a couple of decades?
- A: I don’t.I also do not believe in climate change.Or gravity.
- How many smokers out there over age 65 or how many do you know??
- Q: I remember alot of very old men from my childhood that died of old age 70 or 80. I know a few now. I’ve seen old men at nursing homes outside smoking in there wheelchairs. Could the effects of smoking be skewed so the government can tax ciggaretts? The Truth commercials numbers are wrong they do not take in consideration the number of people that would have died had they not smoked. Many people die of lung cancer and heart disease who’ve never touched a cigarette. Its like if they smoked then smoking caused it?? Why the deception?? I’m not an idiot and I know I need to quit but I dont think its as bad as they say. Any comments??
- A: MY GRANNY SMOKED FOR 77 YEARS AND THE ONLY REASON SHE QUIT IS BECAUSE MY AUNT THAT IS TAKING CARE OF HER WON’T SHARE CIGARETTES ANYMORE. ALSO BECAUSE SHE IS 95 AND TOO OLD TO REMEMBER SHE SMOKES.