Is a phobia a disease
The American Psychiatric Association, a phobia is an uncontrollable, irrational, and persistent fear of a specific object, MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-a-phobia-a-disease ]
More Answers to “Is a phobia a disease“
- How to cure phobias?
- The best way to treat phobias is to seek professional help. Some counselors will induce their patient into a hypnosis state. Once a phobia is treated one will have to continue to keep the phobia from returning.
- Is there a cure for phobias?
- Well, you can be cured, yes, but it takes a lot of work… there isn’t just a pill you can take or something. If you have a spider phobia, for instance, you have to face the fear in any way possible… if you can’t even look at a picture of…
- What is the treatment for phobias?
- No, if you are a danger to yourself or others they hospitalize you. The most frequent treatment for phobias is CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). For example if you are afraid of spiders, you will start out by thinking about a spider and y…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the disease / phobia that characterizes a person’s fear to be touched?
- A: Touched, being touched- Aphenphosmphobia, Haphephobia or Haptephobia or Chiraptophobia.
- what is the name of this disease/phobia?
- Q: what is the name of it when someone is scared to come out of their house, and will trap themselves in their house for a long period of time?
- A: Agoraphobia-an anxiety disorder precipitated by the fear of having a panic/anxiety attack in a setting from which there is no easy means of escape. As a result, sufferers of Agoraphobia avoid public or unfamiliar places.Check out this Website for more info.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoraphobia
- can you actually get a disease from the vaccine?
- Q: ok so bear with me. I have health anxiety and disease phobia. So i got bitten by a stray cat yesterday and went under treatment for Rabies. I got a total of 4 shots and will be getting another 4 next month. I keep thinking the injected me with the actual disease. lol and Rabies is a deadly disease which death is 100% once you get infected. Im pretty sure the cat didnt have Rabies but now im freaking out maybe the vaccine gave me Rabies.
- A: Don’t worry. My husband was bitten by a raccoon a year and a half ago and he had the full rabies series and he’s fine.