Is addiction a disease or a choice
Many people have stated that addiction is a neurologically based disease. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-addiction-a-disease-or-a-choice ]
More Answers to “Is addiction a disease or a choice“
- Wow you certainly said a lot lol. I think that addiction is usually choice even if its drug related. Because they chose to start on it in the first place. My aunt was addicted to alcohol and it wasnt necessarily a disease. idk we all have o…
- Is addiction a disease or choice was the topic of an article recently published by ABC news. The article debated the topic using views from researchers, writers, professionals in the addiction field and addicts in recovery. America leads ou…
- Is addiction a disease or choice was the topic of an article recently published by ABC news. The article debated the topic using views from researchers, writers, professionals in the addiction field and addicts in recovery. …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is addiction a disease or a choice?
- Q: I am writing an argument paper on whether addiction is a disease or a choice. I am trying to get other peoples outlook on this to broaden my knowledge. Does anyone have any thoughtful remarks on this subject? Thank you!
- A: my thoughts are, addiction is a choice, like smoking, drinking, drugs, its peoples own choice they start, no way can it be said they started because its a disease.
- Is Drug Addiction A Choice Or A Disease?
- Q: I was just wondering your thoughts on Drug Addiction. I believe it is a choice, because we are the ones that decide to put stuff in our bodies.
- A: well it starts as a choice but then becomes a disease cuz when u take it u fell “good” but instead of going back to the normal line u go “below” it and thats where addiction starts and you want more…idk if i explained it good but thats my opinion
- Do You think addiction is a Choice or a Disease?
- Q: Do twelve step programs really work or are they just cults that force religion on you?TWELVE STEP’S TO THE LIQUOR STORE.Choice or Disease?
- A: Having worked in the field of detox and recovery I have come to believe that the term disease is a generic term that basically means a physical and mental addiction so strong that it manifests itself in the brain (which is why it can be traced in CAT scans) and seems overwhelming to anyone trapped in it. It can be thought of as a mental disorder, due to the fact that the mind believes that the substance is necessary for day to day living, just to survive, when in fact, that substance is killing them. They may know the dangers, but they can’t overcome the mindset that the drugs or alcohol is absolutely essential for them to get by. In that respect, it is a disease. The good news is, that it is one that someone, with help and training, and the complete desire to do so, can CHOOSE to recover from. For those people, a 12 step program becomes a life line. True it may become another addiction, but it is arguably better to drink coffee and talk with fellow recovering people than killing yourself with drugs or alcohol. The fact that you can choose to recover makes people believe that it is not a disease, which in the traditional sense of the term, it is not. But it is a disorder that can be treated. No one can recover though unless they choose to do so, and that is the bottom line.