Is is bad to have too much cholesterol
High cholesterol increases the risk of other conditions. These diseases include: coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular disease. High cholesterol has also been linked to diabetes and high blood pressure. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-is-bad-to-have-too-much-cholesterol ]
More Answers to “Is is bad to have too much cholesterol“
- What’s bad about eating too much cholesterol?
- Cholesterol is a compound found in animal-based foods (eggs, meats, etc.). Your body needs it to survive. Among other things, it stabilizes cell walls, is a precursor to some sex hormones, and can be used to form vitamin D in your skin. Now…
- Is too much cholesterol in foods a good thing or a bad thing??
- Bad… If you have a cholesterol problem But be sure you are looking at cholesterol content on the label… versus fat content. Some people mix them up. There are good fats (omega oils) and bad fats (saturated or trans fats), for instance.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If your body produces too much bad cholesterol, is there a way to teach it not to?
- Q: Or will I have to take simvastatin for life?
- A: teaching is conditioning. So yes, you can condition your body to make less bad and more good cholesterol.Lowering your risk factors and increasing healthy eating habits with moderate exercise is the KEY to longer life. Medications meant to be taken for life do not need to be permanent. Unless of course you plan to lead a sedimentary life rather than one with high energy, focused and fun–which comes with that lifestyle change.Cholesterol acts as a vehicle to a broken, choked up vascular system. Time should be your friend but as long as your body is over saturated with the bad mojo, time is a luxury you don’t have. So rid yourself of LDL through the recommendations above. Increase your intake of good cholesterol so you can utilize the fat soluable vitamins for better all around health. And after a while, your body begins to react to the repetitive nature of your actions. It begins to understand and make use of all the “good” things you’re doing to it. It is now trained by being taught to produce less bad cholesterol.
- How can you have too much HDL (good) cholesterol?
- Q: I’m confused. I know that people have good and bad cholesterol, but I don’t understand how you can have too much good cholesterol. Wouldn’t that make them both bad? Or instead of it being “good” cholesterol is it more like “not harmful in high doses” cholesterol?please explain in simple (ish) terms. I don’t want a ton of medical jargon, but I also don’t need to be talked to like a childgood = HDLbad = LDL
- A: You cannot have too much good cholesterol. HDL cholesterol is a non placque forming cholesterol, where the LDL bad cholesterol is the artery clogging cholesterol.
- I am told I have too much good cholesterol How can that be?
- Q: I had my blood tested and the “bad” cholestrol was ok but I had too much “good’ cholesterol. I work out 4-6 times a week and I eat carefully. I was told the 5 pieces of fruit a day might make the good cholesterol to high. How can I have too much if it is good?
- A: Normal values for good cholesterolHigh density Lipoprotein – 30-80 mg/dlI don’t see any problem with that (having high good cholesterol)