What are 4 vitamin deficiency diseases
Some vitamin/nutrient deficiency diseases are: scurvy, beriberi, pellagra, rickets, goiter, and marasmus. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-4-vitamin-deficiency-diseases ]
More Answers to “What are 4 vitamin deficiency diseases“
- What Is Vitamin Deficiency Disease
- The first step in any diagnosis is a physical examination to determine if the patient has symptoms of anemia and any complications. Because anemia may be the first symptom of a serious illness, determining its cause is very important. Thi…
- What diseases are caused by vitamin D deficiencies??
- Vitamin D deficiency is related in osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, depression, body muscle mass wasting, gum disease, as well as some forms of cancer. there is also a case being put forward that Vitamin D…
- How common are vitamin-deficiency diseases in the United States??
- Very. But no one knows it. Most smokers suffer from a sub-acute form of scurvy. Most Alzheimer’s patients suffer from a b12 deficiency, but it is an odd form. You see, serum levels may even be normal, but the levels in the cerebral spinal f…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Biology HomeWork =((?
- Q: Pathogens-1. What are they?2. Give an example of a disease caused by each of the different Pathogens.3. How does the human body defend against them?Diseases-Give examples of diseases and disorders caused by-4. Vitamin Deficiency 5. Mineral Deficiency 6. Body disorders 7. Genetic inheritance Thanks in advance, im in top Science [Year 9]. Try do as many as you can or give a good link. Thanks!! ;D
- A: Good link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PathogenIf that doesn’t help, its always good to ask your teacher!
- PLEASE GIRLS HELP ME TAKE THE BSE QUIZ FOR GRADUATION!!!?
- Q: Question 1 (True/False Worth 4 points)1. Prostate cancer usually displays several symptoms in the early stages of development.a. TrueB. FalseQuestion 2 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points) The purpose of menstruation is:A. it allows the lining of the uterus to thickenB. it allows for fertilization to take placeC. it allows ovulation to take placeD. to shed the lining of the uterusQuestion 3 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Risk factors for PMS include:A. vitamin B deficiency, family history and age of 30B. previous signs of anxiety and family historyC. vitamin B deficiency, family history and age of 15 -19D. pregnancy and vitamin B deficiencyQuestion 4 (True/False Worth 4 points)Developing a hernia is more common in women than men.A. TrueB. FalseQuestion 5 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)A condition in which cells that look and act like cells of the lining of the uterus, but are found in other parts of the abdominal cavity is called:A. herniaB. menstruationC. endometriosisD. ovulationQuestion 6 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)A biopsy is the removal of a sample of tissue to see whether cancer cells are present. If they are not present, then the biopsy is said to be__________.A. mammogramB. lumpectomyC. mastectomyD. malignantE benignQuestion 7 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Your chances of developing breast cancer dramatically increase with age. At what age do doctors recommend getting a yearly mammogram?A. 25B. 65C. 40D. 55Question 8 (True/False Worth 4 points)Ovarian cysts are common in women during their childbearing years.A. TrueB. FalseQuestion 9 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Women under 40 can and should take an active role in their breast health with regular breast self-examinations (BSE) and clinical breast exams. A regular BSE is a chance to check your breasts for lumps, thicknesses, or other changes every month. You should begin breast self-exams around age 20, but it is by no means your only defense against breast cancer.A. falseB. trueQuestion 10 (True/False Worth 4 points)Exercise can relieve PMS symptoms.A. TrueB. FalseQuestion 11 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)PMS occurs only in females who:A. are tired and do not exercise regularlyB. have high hormone levelsC. who are taking birth control pillsD. who are ovulating or who are in the first days of their menstral periodQuestion 12 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Following the American Cancer Society’s guidelines for the early detection of breast cancer improves the chances that breast cancer can be diagnosed at an early stage and treated successfully.A falseB trueQuestion 13 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Breast Self-Exam (BSE) is an important defense in the early detection and prevention of breast cancer. BSE should be performed: A once a yearB at the beginning of your menstrual cycleC in the middle of your menstrual cycleD a few days after your menstrual cycle or the same time each monthQuestion 14 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Prostate cancer typically:A grows slowlyB begins with small changes that may go unnoticedC occurs in very young menchoice 1 and choice 2 onlyQuestion 15 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)The release of progesterone causes:A ovulationB menstruationC the build up of endometriumD maturing of the ovaryQuestion 16 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Which warning sign(s) of breat cancer should be reported to your doctor?A a new lump in the breastB the nipple becomes invertedC change in the size or shape of breastD all of the aboveQuestion 17 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)A risk factor is anything that increases a persons chance of getting a disease. Which of the following is not considered a risk factor for breast cancer?A family history of breast cancerB not having childrenC people who breast feed their babiesD drinking alcoholQuestion 18 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Between the ages of 20 and 39, women should have a clinical breast examination by a health professional every 3 years.A falseB trueQuestion 19 (True/False Worth 4 points)Like women, men can also develop breast cancer.A TrueB FalseQuestion 20 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)Most women will develop ovarian cysts during this time period:A menopauseB peri-menopauseC childbearing yearsD before beginning menstruationQuestion 21 (Multiple Choice Worth 4 points)This surgery, called ____________removes all or part of the breast and sometimes the surrounding tissues.A mammogramB lumpectomyC mastectomyD malignantE benignQuestion 22 (True/False Worth 4 points)Although most hernias are not painful, pain in the groin area can be one of theYou guys are soo right..lol…i dont need it anymore I did it …I didnt wanna wait for answers so i just did itAnd it was for a highschool Health class…graduation requirement…i have no plans on becoming a nurse or any type of doctor….so chill bra
- A: 1. False2. D3. B4. False5. C6. E7. C8. A True9. B True10. A True11. D (I think)12. B True13. B14. D15. C16. D17. C18. B19. A20. C21. Chope this helps..
- pls help 4 school?
- Q: what are 2 diseases related to prolonged poor nutrition and explain how vitamin and/or fiber deficiencies contributed to the onset of those two diseases?
- A: Hello, Moeller’s disease is caused by ascorbic acid deficiency over a fairly long period of time. Moeller’s disease is more commonly known as scurvy. By ascorbic acid, I mean Vitamin C. After about twelve weeks, scurvy sets in, and without the consumption of Vitamin C, death is imminent. For your second disease, diverticular disease fits perfectly with the fiber deficiency criterion. To give you a slight background, basically spots on the outer layer of the colon become inflamed and move slightly out of the colon. This disease is extremely common among elderly people, and again, is typically caused by lack of dietary fiber due to the lack of consumption of fruits and vegetables (and other comestibles with fiber). I do hope this aids in your project or research item. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail [email protected]