What are some health benefits from coffee
Coffee can lower your risk of diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, colon cancer, cavities, lift your mood, and treat headaches. More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-some-health-benefits-from-coffee ]
More Answers to “What are some health benefits from coffee“
- What are the health benefits of coffee ?
- Coffee has many health benefits including being extremely high in fiber and antioxidants. For the latest in health discoveries, see www.coffeescience.org .
- Does coffee have any health benefits?
- ･ there are antioxidants in coffee. Also if you drink coffee over tea you will get less fluoride (which … ･ janus on December 21st, 2009 12:48 pm I am looking at a Bottle of Carte Noire Instant Coffee and it says, … ･ CorpCityGrl on Dec…
- Are there any health benefits of coffee?
- You are more likley to read or hear about how coffee or one of its ingredients ( 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine – caffiene) can damage your health. I don’t think I have ever seen a newspaper heagline that says “Coffee is good for you – drink more!…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some health benefits from coffee?
- Q: Can it speed up your metabolism a little?
- A: Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is one of the most common forms of dementia today and its prevention and treatment have become a major public health challenge worldwide. Understanding the role of coffee as a protective factor has been growing, as scientific studies show that caffeine intake is associated with a lower risk for ADMany people suffer from headaches, so new research that suggests a cup of coffee may help relieve the symptoms is good news to us all. In a recent study (6) 301 regular headache sufferers took a combination of a recognised painkiller (ibuprofen) and caffeine. 80% of the patients saw a significant improvement within six hours compared with 67% of those taking only the painkiller. Caffeine is often added to pain medications because it improves their absorption and increases their pain killing effect. Many claim that the caffeine in a strong cup of coffee can help relieve a migraine or even end it if consumed in the very early stage of a headache. It is known that substances that dilate blood vessels, like alcohol, can cause vascular headaches. Substances that constrict blood vessels, like caffeine, can help counter the painful effects of blood vessel dilation in the head. There’s also some evidence that coffee may help manage asthma and even control attacks when medication is unavailable, stop a headache, boost mood, and even prevent cavitiesBut you can get other benefits from coffee that have nothing to do with caffeine. “Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, including a group of compounds called quinines that when administered to lab rats, increases their insulin sensitivity” he tells WebMD. This increased sensitivity improves the body’s response to insulin. That may explain why in that new Harvard study, those drinking decaf coffee but not tea beverages also showed a reduced diabetes risk, though it was half as much as those drinking caffeinated coffee.
- Read the text and anwer the questions, thanks!!!¡¡?
- Q: ENERGY IN A CAN“Improve your concentration! Feel more energetic Perfonn better!” promise the advertisements for many of the popular enegy drinks. But do these beverages really live up to these promises? Well, they seem to, at least temporariIy. These drinks are basically a mixture of caffeine an sugar. Caffeine is a míld stimulant that can create alertness and energy levels. Altbough amounts differ among manufacturersc energy’ drinks generally contain about fue same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. As a comparison cola has about half the amount.Most energy drinks also have quite a large clase of sugar, which is another source of quick energy. In addition some of the drinks also contain some vitamins, and extracts from plants that are believed to have some health benefits.So with little new to offer, how have fuese beverages become the favourite drinks for millions of young people, whether before exams or while out partying? The answer is probably because of the young vigous image promoted in advertising campaigns directed mainly at people under thirty. This image is further emphasised through youth-oriented sports and music events sponsored by some of the major manufacturers, by which they link their names to achievement and enjoyment. And finally, there’s fue trendy packaging, which is often colourful and in some cases resembles beer cans.There are a few things that energy-drink fans should keep in mmd. First, do not mix the drinks with alcohol. According to some recent research, the combination could cause heart problems. And, if you drink them before or during physÍcal activity, such as running or dancing, be sure also to drink a lot of water, as high amounts of caffeine cause the body to lose more fluid than normal. Finally, remember that energy drinks provide only a temporaly increase in energy. If you’re aiming for long-lasting high energy levels and increased concentration, a healthy diet, plenty of exercise and enough sleep are more etfective than energy in a can.A.- Decide whether the sentences below are T(true) or F(false). Find evidence in the text to support your answers.a.l. – An energy drink doesn’t improve concentration.a.2.- Energy drinks have twice as much caffeine as colas.a.3.- Energy drinks can be used instead of water.B.- Answer the following questions.(ln your own words).b. 1- what are the effects of caffeine?b.2.- How halle energy-drink manufacturers marketed their product to young people?C.- Find words or expressions in the text that mean:drinkspaid forability to think quickly connect things togetheramount rememberD.- Complete the sentences.d.1.- Advertisements for energy drinks promise that your concentratÍon……….. d.2.- There’s the same amount of caffeíne………d.3.- Heart probiems could….thanksss and 10 points!! : )
- A: do your own homework! don’t be so lazy, it doesn’t even look that hard!
- What are some ideas on how to pay for the “health plan”?
- Q: Here are some ideas on paying for the “health plan”:Cover US citizens only. If you are from another country, go back there for your medical treatment. This will save the US about half of the cost of the plan. Enact a 10% across the board cut in Federal spending (SS, Medicare, Veterans benefits only exceptions). Eliminate the Education, Arts, Energy, and many other unnecessary departments. Park Air Force 1. Obama doesn’t need to go to countries such as Italy, Russia, or Africa. These are only political/public relations gimmicks. The Military can buy their hammers and coffee machines at Walmart instead of paying $600 each to gvt. contractors. Cut foreign aid by 50 %. We don’t need to be giving money to countries that could care less about the US. These are ways to pay for the health plan without increasing taxes, new taxes on soft drinks and donuts, and phony “user” fees.
- A: I would love to see insurance, namely health care insurance outsourced to Asia and India. If you can go by the old republican line that free trade will make the US more competitive, then I say bring it on.Let them have credit card company’s too. At least when I call to explain that I can’t make this month’s payment, I’ll have no reason to be upset about talking to some one with broken English.EDIT:Who’s the farken acehole with the thumbs downs?