What can cause heart disease
Risk factors for heart disease include: Smoking; High blood pressure; High cholesterol; Diabetes; Family history; Obesity. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-cause-heart-disease ]
More Answers to “What can cause heart disease“
- Heart disease can be caused in a number of ways. Smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes can all lead to heart disease.
- Usually different things from getting the disease atherosclerosis to eating too many fatty foods, even from donating too much blood.
- ･ There are many forms of heart disease, such as heart attacks, or myocardial infarctions, aorta disease… ･ Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women and men in the United States, according to WebMD… ･ Heart disease affects …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to lower your risk of heart disease?
- Q: What can cause heart disease or high blood pressure and how can you lower your risk of heart disease?What are the symptom of heart disease is pericarditis or aortic dissection it.
- A: Hi I work for a health video website called http://icyou.com. Below are the links to 2 videos on our site. The first video gives the signs and symptoms of heart disease and the second video talks about preventative measures you can take to lower your risk for heart disease:http://www.icyou.com/topics/cardiovascular-disease/heart-disease-signs-and-symptoms+http://www.icyou.com/topics/diseases-conditions/cardiovascular-disease/heart-attack-stroke-reduce-your-risk+Hope this helps!~
- what cause heart disease!?
- Q: what cause a heart disease?give me a list if u can
- A: What Causes Heart Disease?http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/hd.html For almost forty years, the lipid hypothesis or diet-heart idea has dominated medical thinking about heart disease. In broad outlines, this theory proposes that when we eat foods rich in saturated fat and cholesterol, cholesterol is then deposited in our arteries in the form of plaque or atheromas that cause blockages. If the blockages become severe, or if a clot forms that cannot get past the plaque, the heart is starved of blood and a heart attack occurs.Many distinguished scientists have pointed to serious flaws in this theory, beginning with the fact that heart disease in America has increased during the period when consumption of saturated fat has decreased. “The diet-heart idea,” said the distinguished George Mann, “is the greatest scam in the history of medicine.”READ MORE
- Do you realize that cholesterol DOES cause heart disease?
- Q: Lots of data is available. But the facts are that high cholesterol is a contributing factor in heart disease. The connection was first noted by the Framingham study. Then you have many trials such as MRFIT, ALLHAT, and JUPITER. In fact, the JUPITOR trial was stopped early because of the overwhelming evidence that Crestor ,the cholesterol lowering drug (statin) in the trial was preventing heart disease and therefore deaths and morbidity at a significant rate compared to the controls. Statins are HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors which inhibit cholesterol build-up. Statins have other benefits, such as anti-inflammation, but it is well established that these drugs lower cholesterol. There are other ways to lower cholesterol and heart disease besides statins too, such as stopping smoking, niacin, etc.Then you have autopsy studies showing cholesterol deposits in arteries that where narrowed in the coronaries (heart). Heck, even Leonardo DaVinci noted this in the late 1400’s or early 1500’s on his autopsies.The facts are there for all to see. There are of course other causes of heart disease, but high cholesterol is WELL ESTABLISHED as a cause of heart disease.Finally, there was that Russian figure skater who died at age 28 from a heart attack. He had extremely hugh cholesterol levels in his blood stream and high cholesterol deposition is his arteries. What cholesterol does is build up on the endothelial walls of your arteries. This cause an inflammatory reaction. A plaque builds up with a clot formation. The clot breaks off and causes a heart attack.Those that don’t understand these facts are simply wrong…”flat earth” society types, who are those that still believe the world is flat despite all the evidence that the world is round. This is analogous to those who don’t believe that high cholesterol is a cause of heart disease despite all the evidence that it does. Just looks at all the data from the scientists and researchers! Study after study can be found.Again, it is high cholesterol that is the problem. Normal cholesterol levels are needed to synthesize testosterone, estrogens, and bile acids. LDL lipoprotein deposits cholesterol in your arteries, that is why it is called “bad cholesterol” HDL lipoprotein takes away cholesterol from your arteries and take it to the liver to be metabolized. This is why it is called (good cholesterol” If you really want to ge the facts first hand, go visit a professor that does cholesterol heart disease studies and ask him the facts.Again, it is high cholesterol that is the problem. Normal cholesterol levels are needed to synthesize testosterone, estrogens, and bile acids. LDL lipoprotein deposits cholesterol in your arteries, that is why it is called “bad cholesterol” HDL lipoprotein takes away cholesterol from your arteries and take it to the liver to be metabolized. This is why it is called “good cholesterol” If you really want to get the facts first hand, go visit a professor that does cholesterol heart disease studies and ask him the facts.
- A: You are absolutely right. But you need to clarify contributes to cause. But I know what you mean. high cholesterol is one of many causes of heart disease. I have worked in a medical research hospital where all the studies have been looked at, and indeed, high cholesterol is a major cause of heart disease, but is one of several factor involved.