What causes hair loss in dogs
Acanthosis nigricans, Acral lick dermatitis (neurodermatitis), Allergic and irritant contact dermatitis, Callus, Castration responsive dermatosis and Cushing’s disease (hyperadrenocorticism) are all possible causes for hair loss in dogs. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-hair-loss-in-dogs ]
More Answers to “What causes hair loss in dogs“
- There are a few different causes for hair loss in dogs. Number one is stress. Dogs will lick excessively when they are stressed. If your dog is losing hair it is important to take them to the vet. Most causes of hair loss can be treated.Y…
- ･ A bite from one flea can cause allergic dermatitis. This is a severe reaction to the saliva of the flea… ･ Ringworm is a fungus passed on by contact or by being groomed with combs or clippers that have been used… ･ Hypothyroidism, a d…
- Shedding is a natural loss of hair in dogs that allows the new coat to come in. All dogs shed; some more then others. There is no such thing as a non-shedding dog, unless you have a completely hairless dog, such as the American Hairless Ter…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what can be the causes of hair loss in dogs?
- Q: my dachshund has lost some hair on the side of her abdomen, which i think is flea related, but her hair on both ears has begun to get very thin… what could this be?
- A: Well,its just u. u need o give it Salmon oil or Vita Dog Gravy. It helps its coat. But some dogs are just skin and bones and mussel no fur
- What would be the probable causes of hair loss in dogs?
- Q: The dog is my poodle and this breed doesn’t shed like most dogs do. This is a case of pretty severe hair loss. I have the Vet’s opinion but want to explore other sources.
- A: There are many causes of hairloss in dogs. Allergies are a major cause flea allergies are very common cause of hair loss. If you have an older dog endocrine diseases, such as hypothyroid disease, and Cushing’s disease are other major causes of hair loss. Also other infectious causes include ectoparasites such mange mites or fungal like ringworm. Sometimes it can be even related to inherited disorders in some dogs
- what causes alapicia in dogs?? (hair loss) is their any treatment?
- Q: weve heard its common for dobermans but why? and how can it be prevented?
- A: There are MANY causes of alopecia. You need a vet to determine what the problem is and to figure out what to do with it.