What created mad cow disease
Cows get BSE because of an infection. Researchers are not sure where it comes from but it may come from the cows food. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-created-mad-cow-disease ]
More Answers to “What created mad cow disease“
- Could misuse of chemicals create mad cow disease?
- There are also three channels of energy within the spine. The right, or hot channel when it becomes inflamed, will burn the stem cells and so repair of the cellular structure is not possible. If the left, or cold channel is affected by pois…
- Did god create the prions that cause Bovine Spongiform Encephalop…?
- God only prophecied that there would be widespread diseases, pestilences, which as I understand it, means a disease that is transmitted to humans from animals, diseases that man won’t be able to contain. He may very well have, but man tends…
- Is mad cow disease the same thing as rabies
- No, it’s only called mad cow disease because it affects a cow’s nervous system, causing a cow to act strangely and lose control of its ability to do normal things, such as walk. The cow does not enrage.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How come it was people who created the food that caused mad cow disease?
- Q: This has been so frustrating. These educated scientists design a food for cows and guess what…. they go mad!!! How to trust highter education!!!
- A: Greed! The belief that you can save on feeding bills, create fatter cows.
- Why is America trying to kill everyone who lives in the country?
- Q: I’m sure you’ve heard about BHT in processed foods, the low quality of air (polycylic aromatic hydrocarbons and aromatic armines), and the arsenic and MTBE in the drinking water. Of all these carcinogens, insurance companies don’t pay for the better treatment and recommend the cheapest method to treat any case of disease. Our forefathers did not create a country that would be exploited by big companies.Yet, media shows the public that it is “ok” to eat your McD burger (probably contaminated with Mad Cow Disease since FDA does a crappy job of inspecting 1 in every 20,000 cows) and it is “ok” to go outside breathe in that fresh polluted air and get as much UV light from the sun (skin cancer).And what even ticks me off the most is that “Everything causes cancer” should not be taken seriously. Most of the stuff that causes cancer are preventable if only big companies cooperate ($$$ = #1 priority; us(citizens) = last priority). US is the most cancer ridden developed country.Well no sh*t!
- A: Without BHT our food would be more dangerous, it does provide some health benefits. The FDA is hoping for a BHA/BHT substitute without much success. Until then, it has been a compromise over safety issues. We can’t make processed foods without anti-oxidants like BHT, so we are a little stuck at the moment.
- Where exactly did the Swine Flu come from?
- Q: Please don’t answer with ‘Mexico’. I already know this. I’m looking for specifically what caused swine flu.I’ve seen like, hundreds of questions on here about Swine flu, but none seem to know exactly how it started or what it really is.Is it like Mad Cow disease, or Bird Flu, or did a rampant pig bite someone therefore creating a flu? Did someone eat old ham and get swine flu?And what are the supposed symptoms of this? Like, how did people know they had it if it was just regular ‘Flu-like’ symptoms?
- A: Where did the swine flu come from?Viruses evolve; they are constantly changing. This virus was once unable to cross the species barrier between pigs and people, but now it has now evolved to the point where it is able to do so. This virus is not new, but it is new to us. We have not had a chance to develop immunities to this virus, so it is particularly deadly to us. How do we know when we contract this particular virus?The only way to know absolutely is to have the test to identify the virus. This can be done by the CDC in Atlanta.