What does it mean to have high colesterol
High cholesterol readings are a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. An unhealthy diet can cause high cholesterol. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-to-have-high-colesterol ]
More Answers to “What does it mean to have high colesterol“
- What does it mean to have high cholesterol?
- “High cholesterol” means an excess of the waxy, fat-like substance in the blood. Most cholesterol comes from eating (animal source) foods high in fat. When cholesterol is released by its carriers (lipoproteins) in the bloodstream,…
- Does that mean I have abnormally high good cholesterol, and is th…?
- You may have hit the jackpot — or not. High HDL (anything above 60 mg/dL) is generally a very good thing. It gathers up bad LDL cholesterol and sweeps it off to the liver before it can plant itself like barnacles in your arteries . . . whi…
- Does high cholesterol mean you have arterial plaque??
- high cholesterol doesn’t mean arterial plaqu..it means that u r in a high risk for it… I done a presentation on this topic last week, so: excess LDL cholesterol (the bad chlesterol) gets oxidized by free radicles, then its uptaked by a ty…