What does the body use vitamn d for
Vitamin D is effective for: Treating conditions that cause weak and painful bones (osteomalacia)Low levels of phosphate in the blood (familial hypophosphatemia). Low levels of phosphate in the blood due to a disease called Fanconi syndrome. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-body-use-vitamn-d-for ]
More Answers to “What does the body use vitamn d for“
- Can your body store the vitamin D you got in the summer and use i…?
- No. And spending 40 minutes rather than 20 minutes in the sun won’t result in more vitamin D, either. The body self-regulates, taking only what it needs.
- Does using sunscreen prevent the body from getting enough vitamin…?
- It takes a very small amount of sun exposure usually achieved through normal daily activity to trigger the body to produce vitamin D. The rest of the time, it is important to use sunscreen in order to prevent skin cancer and other forms of …
- How does it affect the bodies ability to make vitamin D when you …?
- SPF is directly related to a sunblock’s ability to block UV radiation over time. UV radiation is directly related to the body’s ability to produce Vitamin D. Therefore, SPF has a inverse relationship to Vitamin D production. Taken to the ex…