What does the disease mono do to you
Symptoms of Mono include fever, malaise, and sore throat. ChaCha for now! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-disease-mono-do-to-you ]
More Answers to “What does the disease mono do to you“
- Is mono a disease or a virus
- Mononucleosis, also called “mono,” is a common viral illness caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. -Keep doing the ChaCha!
- What is mono disease?
- Mono, also known as Epstein Barr Virus, or the kissing disease, is a very common human illness. It’s symptoms can vary but generally include swollen glands, sore throat, fever and fatigue.
- Why is mono called the kissing disease?
- Mono is highly contagious and can obviously be caught by kissing couples but can also be caught just through populated contact such as school.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I’m feeling sick lately and I have no idea what’s wrong.?
- Q: First off, please don’t reply telling me to go to a doctor.. I don’t have insurance, and ERs don’t really do much… For the past year or so I’ve been sick constantly off and on. I get flu like symptoms all the time… Right now my lower right back hurts real bad and has for 2 days. I can’t sleep because it hurts. I’m all congested… and I developed a huge rashs all over my thighs. The rash is large red bumps in clusters and it covers most of my thighs. It’s itchy in some parts. I’ve got a fever and I’ve felt just really tired. It seems I’m always getting sick like this though. I’m ALWAYS tired. The only things I know I have for sure are lumps on my cervix and I’ve caught diseases that normal adults wouldn’t (hand foot and mouth disease, mono, strep throat… you name it, I get a new “disease” every month). It’s just little things that kids typically get and here I am catching them at 23 years old.Maybe I’m overreacting, but it just doesn’t seem like I should be tired and sick all the time. I’m young and in decent shape.. but I can’t even take my 4 year old to the park because 2 minutes running around I’m dead tired. I can’t go to more than 1 store or I’m tired… I have to rest several times just to clean my house… It’s getting ridiculous.If anyone knows what this could be please let me know… I don’t get medical benefits for 90 days since I just started my job… and I really don’t know if I can keep going on like this… It’s to the point where I just don’t even want to get out of bed…
- A: I would check out mixametosis, it can’t be ruled out.
- Why am i sick all the time?
- Q: okay first off i would like to start by saying that i am 20 years old female and just had a baby 7 months ago and i am not crazy, all of these things are very real!– but i have severe asthma and am allergic to over 60 different foods such as dairy, nuts, eggs, etc. and pretty much everything else, i.e dust, pet dander, mold, every tree, plant, etc. i constantly get sick too, ever since i can remember. i get bronchitus about 6 times a winter and am always being put on prednisone. like this winter for example i have been on prednisone 7 times since september and its the beginning of february. i also have had episodes in the past where i got strep throat like 6 times in one year. its like clock work – i start to feel good, then i get sick.i also just found out that i have high grade cervical dysplasia a year ago and just got the leep procedure done for the first time, my doctor is trying to catch it before it turns into cervical cancer which he is worried about due to how bad my dysplasia is and how rapidly it is worsening.now, one more thing – i have chronic pain in my joints such as my knees, ankles, wrists, and my elbows and i have pain in my bones like my shins, my thigh bones, my forearms, and my upper arms. im not sure if any of this is due to a lack of calcium bc i am allergic to dairy but i am in constant pain and my fiance cant believe how much pain im in.my lymph nodes are constantly swollen and i am always feeling crummy and on meds. my doctors look at me like im crazy when i tell them about the pain because im too young or something. they also dont know the reason why i am constantly sick but i personally would like to know why – i asked about an immune problem (not hiv/aids, ive been tested and dont have it) but something else…im not sure what or even what my options are. i just had A LOT of blood work done and am awaiting results about my immune system and then im getting more blood done to test pretty much every thing else including lime disease, mono, etc. i need some advice or help…any input helps. thank you very much.
- A: i feel sorry for you….. sounds like u have a naturally weak immune system, or your immune system didnt develop well enough when you were younger, im not sure if there really is anything you can do….except the bone thing sounds like your not getting enough calcium but id talk to your doctor before getting supplements or sumthing
- mono-the kissing disease?
- Q: so i went to a party on saturday and i was basically making out and stuff w/ this guy the whole night. I was also drinking straight out of bottles. For the last 2 days ive been feeling really tired, exhausted and my throat hurts like a b****… I think i mightt have mono, even though i dont exactly know what it is..can someone tell me pls cause im getting really worried! and also, how do you get rid of it w/out having to go to the doctor?thanks.
- A: Infectious mononucleosis is mainly caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. As this is a virus, antibiotics will not help with it.Generally, it can cause a long course of tiredness over several weeks. It can also potentially become serious if it starts affecting the spinal cord like other people have said, however – in the mean time, there isn’t much you can do except drink lots of water, rest, and don’t go sharing drinks/kissing people to avoid spread.If it gets worse and you become concerned, I think seeing a doctor would be best. I’m also not sure why you wouldn’t want to go to a doctor – this you might need to think through for your own health and safety.