What is a heart health diet
Heart Healthy Diet is an eating plan that can keep your blood cholesterol low and decrease your chance of developing heart disease [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-heart-health-diet ]
More Answers to “What is a heart health diet“
- What is a heart health diet
- Heart Healthy Diet is an eating plan that can keep your blood cholesterol low and decrease your chance of developing heart disease
- What is a heart healthy diet?
- A heart healthy diet would include foods low in saturated and trans fats. You can cut out things like butter and shortening. Stay away from fried foods and the more grains you eat the better. Good meats to eat would include chicken and fish…
- How Crash Diets, Like the Master Cleanse, Harm Your Health And He…?
- Linda Bacon, PhD, dreads swimsuit season, but not because she has anything against the beach. Instead, the California-based nutritionist fears what the season brings: scores of otherwise health-conscious citizens who subject themselves to…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how much does stress affect heart health and cholesterol levels?
- Q: hi, recently my grandmother had an angiogram, and we learned that her arteries are 90% clogged and will have to have open heart surgery. i’m very concerned because she’s gotten so old, and i’m afraid she might not make it through the operation.what i’m confused about is that my grandmom has never had high pressure and always had a good diet. she rarely ate high cholesterol foods, and i don’t think anyone in her family had heart problems. she did however have chronic stress and anxiety so i was wondering to what degree stress impacts heart health? she had good cholesterol, but then why are her arteries clogged 90%?thank uplease anyone?
- A: Recent studies have pointed to the role that stress plays in increasing cardiovascular inflammation, which in turn is a critical player in cardiovascular disease. Inflammation seems to provide the “glue” that everything else uses to stick to blood vessels.From an evolutionary perspective this makes some sense. Back in the day, the kind of thing that would stress you out would be a life and death situation, like a lion chasing your butt. In these cases, your body would prepare you to deal with the potential impending butt-biting by flooding your system with chemicals designed to cause blood clotting, etc. Unfortunately, these days stress comes from more benign sources, like paying bills or having a nagging spouse, but the body’s reaction to stress remains the same.The outcome from heart surgery is very good, and generally the doctors have used the patients overall health to make that determination. Hopefully she has had a second opinion to make sure that there isn’t a less invasive alternative.
- Keep your heart health few tips from the doctor?
- Q: A chat with Dr.Devi Shetty , Narayana Hrudayalaya ( Heart Specialist) Bangalore. The transcript of the chat is given below. Useful for everyone. Qn: What are the thumb rules for a layman to take care of his heart ? Ans:1. Diet – Less of carbohydrate, more of protein, less oil 2. Exercise – Half an hour’s walk, at least five days a week; avoid lifts and avoid sitting for a longtime 3. Quit smoking4. Control weight 5. Control blood pressure and sugar Qn: Is eating non-veg food (fish) good for the heart? Ans: No Qn: It’s still a grave shock to hear that some apparently healthy person gets a cardiac arrest. How do we understand it in perspective? Ans: This is called silent attack; that is why we recommend everyone past the age of 30 to undergo routine health checkups. Qn: Are heart diseases hereditary? Ans: Yes Qn: What are the ways in which the heart is stressed? What practices do you suggest to de-stress? Ans: Change your
- A: What is your question? You are just sharing the question and answer with Dr.Devi Shetty. That also incomplete. I have with me much more questions Dr.Shetty has answered.
- When you know you probably have a blockage in your heart can changing you life style and diet immediately?
- Q: change the out come of a would be heart attack or stroke,and how long if possible would it take your body to clear the blockage , with your help and change of life style, I some how feel that to many people just wait and do nothing thinking a open heart repair will make them as good as new, but from what i have seen it only adds more health problems due to the amout of drugs a person must take every day after getting the open heart repair,I know we most all realize the heart problems come from what we eat and being to lazy and not working off the bad stuff, so why can’t a person change their own heart health in a short amount of time just by changing their thinking and eating / plus working a little harder???
- A: You have to have medical treatment, and THEN you need to change your eating habits. My father-in-law just died in March from a massive heart attack, because even after having several surgeries, and having a pacemaker put in he still kept eating the way he did before. Protect your health at all costs. Think before you put that chip in your mouth about how it will affect your heart!