What is an advantage of genetic engineering
Disease could be prevented by detecting people/plants/animals that are genetically prone to certain hereditary diseases. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-advantage-of-genetic-engineering ]
More Answers to “What is an advantage of genetic engineering“
- What is an advantage of genetic engineering
- Disease could be prevented by detecting people/plants/animals that are genetically prone to certain hereditary diseases. ChaCha!
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering…?
- advantages :･ 1. Disease could be prevented by detecting people/plants/animals that are genetically prone to certain … ･ 2. Another of genetic engineering is that diseases could be prevented by detecting people that are genetically … ･ …
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering …?
- One disadvantage is that we don’t know what side effects there could be. There has been left over GM feed dna found in meat samples making claims that GM feed has no effect on the final products totally bunk. Side effects is a big worry. …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Pros and Cons of Genetic Engineering?
- Q: i’m in a debate at school, so could you guys help me out? I need to know what the advantages are with genetic engineering. if you have statistics then that would be great. thanks guys
- A: http://www.whitewave.com/index.php?id=84There you go 🙂 Hope this helps !!
- what is genetic engineering?
- Q: Decribe some examples of genetic enigeering, such as vitimin A and carrots, human insulin, improving crops.explain the advantage and disadvantages of genetic engineering?
- A: I’m generally against doing someones homework, especially if its under false pretense which i think this isGenetic Engineering, boiled down, is intentionally altering the DNA of a given organism to intentionally derive a desired result. Much like artificial selection. The examples you’ve given; i’m not sure about the carrots, i’m not a diabetic, but i know that at one point cow insulin was used instead of humans, but through genetic engineering, we harvest and use real human insulin, improving conditions greatly, we create hardier crops which can withstand more extreme weather conditions. Pros; The possibilities are endless as to what is can be doneCons; Playing God, unforseen consequences, mutations with far reaching impact
- please help me with a few questions please?
- Q: Describe the difference between mitosis and meiosis. Include one way that they are alike and one way that they are differentDescribe two advantages of genetic engineering.What is the function of the cell membrane?
- A: This information is in all in your textbook…. with pictures no less. Open the book and read. The pain goes away almost immediately.