What is it when you die of consumption
In the old black and white movies, they always referred to a terminally ill person of a particular disease as having Consumption. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-it-when-you-die-of-consumption ]
More Answers to “What is it when you die of consumption“
- What does it mean when you die of consumption
- Consumption is an old-fashioned name for tuberculosis, a bacterial disease that often attacks the lungs. ChaCha on!
- Why do people die of consumption?
- Consumption is an archaic word for Tuberculosis (TB) which is a deadly bacterial infection mainly of the lungs which is treated nowadays with antibiotics.
- Do people still die of “consumption”?
- the word ‘consumption’ refers to what we know term tuberculosis. The word is old fashioned dating back to a time when physicians did not know what was the root cause of tuberculosis (we now know it is called by members of the TB complex nam…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I need honest opinions, because I can’t choose. Which of these would work best?
- Q: I’ve written a book, the first part of a trilogy based around the lives of evolved mythological creatures who are living as teenagers in human society. So it’s basically a teen fantasy. Anyway, I’m a third of my way through the final write up of the first one which should be done in around 1-2 months, and then I’ll start the second. But the thing is, I’m very whimsical and I’ve decided that I want one of my characters to die of tuberculosis in the third book, but for the symptoms to start at the end of the second. The problem is which character to pick. So I’m going to list the options and how that would affect the story etc, and leave it up to your honest opinions. 1. Jenny. A siren who the protagonist falls in love with. She is a bit of a grumpy mystery for a lot of the first book, but that’s because she knows that if she falls for him and they kiss, he will die. In the second book her life is in danger, but I thought it would be a nice twist if she knew she was going to die anyway and therefore tries to stop the protagonist from trying to save her, because there is no point. 2. Drake. The illegitimate son of Apollo, raised by his sphinx-mother, he’s a beautiful and yet fantastical character who is probably the most mythical of all. He knows he doesn’t quite fit in with humans as others do and so keeps to his own wild ways. He’s arrogant and charming, but he’s also obsessed with his dream of legitimacy and becoming a God, and will stop at nothing to get at it. I thought, if he had TB, it could be kind of sad and yet also solve the problem of getting him out of the way in the final book, yet still retaining sympathy. So say he becomes all the more desperate to become immortal because he knows otherwise he will die of consumption… I just thought that would up the tension a lot.3. The mother. Haunted by the death of her husband and daughter (that happens before the story takes place), she rejects her duty as a mother of the protagonist and centres her life around her own self-pity. She’s suicidal, but yet she’s afraid of death. The protagonist hates her for her selfishness, and therefore is slow to forgive when she finally tries to love him again. I just thought it would be kind of sad if they finally, in the end, get to be a happy family unit again, accepting the past and moving on… but then she dies of TB anyway. What do you think? Which one would have the greatest impact? To read the incomplete and unedited final copy so far, follow the link on my profile and click on the book by the name of ‘Switzerface’.
- A: Personally, I think the first one, because as you say, it would be interesting for the whole thing to unfold between her and the protagonist
- what do we enjoy in smoking cigaret, when the manufacturer said smoking cigaret will die young.?
- Q: hence the manufacturer said smoking will die young i suggestthey should stop manaufacturer cigaret . because if you lookaround the world today many young people are dieing with heart problem damaged through smoking cigaret, and at the same time it affect predinance women who smoking. i personnally would advise the world health organisation and world leaders of every contries to ban cigaret because is notgood for human consumption if i am giving the chance to do so.if you don’t smoke you become healthy and strong, you nowplay ball and do any type of sport with out geting weak, but if you are a smoker you can not , but if you do any sport as a smoker you will quickly get weak and start to breat faster and which make you to die young quickly if there is no quickmedical attention at that moment and i will advise the parent to watch the type of friends their children move withbecause this is how the learn the habbit of smoking. smoking cigaret is dangerious to your health,pls.
- A: smokeing is the socond deadliest thing a person can do
- When will the human race be free?
- Q: It seems everywhere I look people are caught in a web of consumptions and distractions and they stay in this web until they die. What do you think it will take for the human race to break free from this web of deception?
- A: free as in not needing society to get by in life ? not unless you want to go back to the stone age,,,, where you hunt your own food make your own clothes clobber a girl on the head to get a wife !! we have all learned that its much easier to depend on other people to get what we need its too bad because it sure has its drawbacks you must conform to society’s rules and regulations you no longer can expect to make your own decisions about your life you have to stay in your place and do what society says you must or they will kill you