What is metoprol
Metoprolol is a selective B1 receptor blocker used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-metoprol ]
More Answers to “What is metoprol“
- What is metoprolol?
- Metoprolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Metoprolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is al…
- Is anyone taking over 100 mg of metoprol a day? If so how are the…?
- Not taking metoprolol specifically but I’m familaiar with the drug class. It’s a selective beta-blocker that gives good blood pressure reduction. However, the drug class is fraught with side effects. Look for a greatly lowered heartrate, mu…
- How does Novo-Metoprol work? What will it do for me?
- Metoprolol belongs to the class of medications called beta-blockers. Metoprolol is used to treat high blood pressure and prevent the symptoms of angina (chest pain). It works by reducing the demands put on the heart. Metoprolol is also take…