What is the difference between IBD and IBS
IBD refers to two chronic diseases that cause inflammation of the intestines: ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder characterized most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, but not disease. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-ibd-and-ibs ]
More Answers to “What is the difference between IBD and IBS“
- What is the difference between IBD and IBS?
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is easily confused with another condition known as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). As much as 25% of the population in the United States report symptoms of IBS, and up to 50% of patients seen by gastroentero…
- Can some one mention the differences between IBS and IBD??
- not sure about differences, but IBS is not a condition its basically strange stomach problems that doctors do not understand and they call it IBS all sorts of random things can happen with IBS
- What is the difference between IBS & IBD?
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome and IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease, are two conditions of the intestinal tract. They share some common symptoms such as pain and discomfort, urgency and bloating, and alteration of bowel habits. While IBS is…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Help! stomach pain! what do i have…? thanks sooo much?
- Q: Um well I’m pretty sure I have hypothyroidism or anemia or celiacs or ibs/ibd. My symptoms are:irritabilityweight lossbloating–extreme like four-six poundsfeeling full and bloated after eating, like, two crackersgasalmost depressed-feelingsvery chilled and cold ALL the timea lot of abdominal discomfort after eatingconstipationdiarrheaknee painextreme fatigueshakinessanxietydull burning-type pains in stomach weaknessheadachesa few others but those are the main ones I am thirteen, female, 5′ 2″, and 100 pounds. I am very active, but sometimes these pains get in the way of my many activities.also, I eat about 200 calories in the morning, 300 at lunch, 400 when I get home from school, and 400 at dinner, if this helps as to why I might have stomach painmy other questions are:1. does celiacs have fatigue, loss of concentration, coldness, and anxiousness as symptoms?2. what’s the difference between ibd and ibs? does it sound like i may have either one?3. is there a possibility of an ulcer?thanks!
- A: okay….some of these symptoms might be psychological. For about a week, stop thinking you have anything and your are just simply freaking out about it….most of the symptoms will start slowly going away. Whatever symptoms that are still bothering you those are most likely the real symptoms. If you started looking at the diseases and disorders while symptoms were popping up, your subconscious was starting to think you had those symptoms too and your body started to cause those exact pains. If you haven’t started your period for the first time yet, that may be it.