What is the pill Klor-con
Klor-con is the brand name of potassium chloride used to prevent or to treat low blood levels of potassium. Potassium levels can be low as a result of a disease or from taking certain medicines, or after a prolonged illness with diarrhea or vomiting. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-pill-klor%26%2345%3Bcon ]
More Answers to “What is the pill Klor-con“
- What kind of pill is Klor Con
- Klor-Con is used to prevent or to treat low blood levels of potassium (hypokalemia). Potassium levels can be low as a result of a disease or from taking certain medicines, or after a prolonged illness with diarrhea or vomiting. ChaCha!
- Is the pill klor-con for potassium
- Klor con is a potassium chloride (KCl) pill, used as a potassium supplement.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Klor-con M20 (potassium) I hate these big pills?
- Q: What is my best source of potassium from foods? I have gained 40+ lbs since heart surgery last year. Taking Lasix 2x a day; can’t get the answer from my doctors; any suggestions?
- A: banana is the richest source of natural food for potassium but it is hard to quantify the amount of K from one banana. you can ask the pharmacist if you can get liquid KCL. good luck
- Whats causing my potassiumn levels to drop dangerously low?
- Q: One night my heart woke me up it was pounding so hard, took my blood preasure, it was normal? too normal for me as i have high BP, my pulse was very high, went to Er had blood work, was given a script for low potassiumn Klor-Con yes i take a diuretic (water pill), after a month on potassiumn pills, my levels are still low, heart races, i come close to fainting all the time, im 52, and have used Bp meds for years never had a potassiumn lose before, why now? and if its not the water pill what else could it be?
- A: I could very well be the diuretic. I took laxis for about 5 years and had to stop because it was causing my potassium to drop too low and was causing headaches. I was changed to Bumex which is a potassium sparing diuretic. Although there are times where I do need to take the potassium pills, that’s rare now.
- I took a urine test the other day and tested positive for opiates and methamphetamine. Why?
- Q: I am Female, I have type 1 diabetes, Hepatitas C, and siezure disorder. I am on insulin, topomax, prozac, zelnorm, zantac, lasix, klor-con, albuterol, ultramm, a multi-vitamin and an over the counter diet pill. I eat normal foods, and drink alot of diet coke, Propel water and green tea. I take over the counter pain meds and sinus meds when I need them. Can anyone give me a clue on what could be causing these results?
- A: Are you serious with this question? you are atking meds like candyfor different reasons. some contain these opiates. You may have also eatten poppy seed bagels. Opium is made from poppy seeds.The diet pills may have small doses of opiates in them too.Ask your doctor to help you deduce where the opiates came form. he will know best.