What is the top most deadly disease in the world
Tuberculosis is one of the most deadly diseases in the world. Almost 2 billion people are infected with tuberculosis bacteria. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-top-most-deadly-disease-in-the-world ]
More Answers to “What is the top most deadly disease in the world“
- What are the top 5 world’s most deadly diseases??
- AIDS is off the list … it develops very slowly. For horrible ways to die fast: Ebola (oozing blood) Bubonic Plague ( Cholera (dead in 24 hours from massive diarrhea)) Malaria (look up “blackwater fever”) Diptheria (children suff…
- What’s the most deadly disease in the world, even more so than e-…?
- If you are asking about mortality rates then it depends if you mean with or without treatment. Without treatment, rabies is the most deadly virus with nearly a 100% mortality rate. As for the ebola virus, its true mortality rate is hard to …
- How to Market a Deadly Disease – Shocking AIDS Ads from Around th…?
- I bet you haven’t seen this many dickheads all in one place, ever! Anyway. These AIDS prevention ads (”Just protect yourself”) recently won a bronze medal at the Cannes Lions 2008, an international advertising festival. The style and qualit…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What concerns or what do you worry about when it comes to world issues like poverty, war, and drugs?
- Q: Also, are you in your teens, 20’s, 30’s, etc…? I’m asking because I want to see if top concerns differ in age groups. I worry most about diseases. Look how devestating AIDS has been and continues to be especially in third world countries. Yes, researchers have came up with many vaccines and treatments for many deadly diseases over the years but who knows what disease may strike our world next? I worry that it’ll be even worse than AIDS. Do you worry about global warming or other environmental issues? I worry about endangered species. Sometimes I feel that we don’t care enough about them. I also worry about the increase in mass murders like the VA Tech massacre.
- A: I am in my early 20’s and I am worried most about the immunizations given to our children. Being that alot of the properties of a vaccine are known carcinogens, neurotoxins and toxins that damage the nervous system. I am worried b/c cancer, autism, heart disease and autoimmune disease are all on the rise and have been rising right along with the rise of required immunizations.
- Why would parents want Obama to address their Kids on September 8th?
- Q: Doesn’t it seem like a waste that they could be away from school because they instead should be learning how to kill a moose, or club a trout?Doesn’t it worry anyone that American kids are pretty much a lost cause, and the future of America is most likely compromised not because of Terrorist, or some deadly disease, but from utter ignorance? If all these kids were so smart, and capable, why are some parents freaking out? It’s almost like they are afraid that Obama will offer every student an iPod if they elect to become Socialist, and that might be a consideration only if these kids, along with their parents knew what a Socialist really was, or for that matter how to spell it, because after all, in world rankings, a US public education is at the top of leading Third World countries.Personally I think the religious rite, aka the future Evangelical Terrorist Organizations would rather all Americans be ignorant so they will have an easier time believing all that the Bible and moreover what the Church says. The idea that they might actually achieve something outside the church is a scary thing, besides being good little Christians who final goal is a self fulfilling End of World apocalyptic ending so they can feel better that the Bible might have some accuracy to it, and people in large numbers will finally believe.They know that after all these years of dumbing down Americans, that Obama might mess up their program, so they have to pull Hitler out of a hat to scare people, they have get parents so freaked out that they actually encourage missed school days to avoid a certain indoctrination and they may have a point, Americans are really not smart anymore, even though they keep telling themselves that they are because they don’t have to compete with the rest of the world who is taking big steps ahead of America.With this big bad American attitude that kids do not need to see Obama, why waste time with Americans. Maybe it’s time to let the great American society rot, just so they can avoid critical thought, and perhaps the ability to compete in the world market place again one day?
- A: For the umpteenth time, I don’t agree with his addressing the school kids. Political agendas have no place in the classroom. It amazes me how people get enraged over religious agendas being in schools, but we are so open to Obama’s political agendas influencing our kids.School is a place for learning about math, english, literature, history, science and arts, not for spreading political agenda.I would not mind his address to the kids if he would leave out his political propaganda. I know if it was a Republican President, the Democrats would be enraged.
- What would you grade this informative speech out of 100 points I’m in a high school speech class?
- Q: Close your eyes and imagine one of the most deadly viruses that could kill hundreds of people, birds, and other animals in the world this virus is called the bird flu virus. The bird flu virus is one of the most worst flu viruses that is infecting the whole world as of now and is killing many people, birds, and other animals daily due to so many birds are carrying this virus and are infecting humans as well as other birds and other animals with this virus. The main areas that I will be discussing in this speech are what the bird flu virus is, what the signs and symptoms of bird flu are, and how to prevent yourself from not getting bird flu. To begin with, Bird flu can also be known as avian influenza or H5N1. Bird flu is one of the most leading causes of death of many humans, birds, and other animals in the world today. Bird flu is considered to be a respiratory disease. There are four different types of the bird flu virus H5N2, H5N3, H9N2, and H5N1. Bird flu can infect the lungs and other parts of the human body such as the muscles and the throat. The bird flu virus is caused by birds receiving this virus in there nose and then once the virus that is in the birds nose hardens up and breaks into pieces, the bird can then infect other birds and people and also other animals such as pigs and tigers with this virus. The bird can infect a person, another bird, or another animal with this virus by their saliva. Normally right after the bird receives this virus it automatically dies. Some birds that carry this virus are ducks, sea birds, crows, and shore birds, these birds can infect other birds such as chickens and turkeys. In 2000 there were 200 chickens that died on a poultry farm from the bird flu virus. According to the July 20, 2007 edition of Farmers Weekly in the article called “migrated birds bring risk of avian influenza”, farmers weekly stated that birds that have passed through Germany, France, and Czech Republic may be at risk for having bird flu. About 45 countries in the world have been infected with bird flu such as Nigeria, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Poland, and Vietnam. Bird flu has also infected countries in Asia, Europe, Russia, Africa, and Canada. In 1997 bird flu had its first out break in Hong Kong killing six people and millions of birds. According to the student edition of the world almanac titled “Avian flu” the world almanac stated that between 2003 to 2005 there have been 115 people who have been infected with bird flu and 50% of those people died. There has been only one known vaccine for bird flu so far. According to the April 26, 2006 edition of The Journal of American medical association in an article titled “mixed success found for avian flu” Tracy Hampton stated that an experimental vaccine from an inactivated avian influenza virus can induce immune responses in about more than half of healthy adults this vaccine requires two doses of it to be taken in order for the vaccine to work.Next off, Bird flu symptoms can range from being mild to sever. Some of the symptoms of bird flu are diarrhea, fever, sore throats, muscle aches, coughs, swelling of the head, lack of appetite, and respiratory distress. Birds may experience a drop in egg production if they have caught this virus. Some people who have a regular flu virus on top of the bird flu virus, the two viruses will combine in the body and form a new type of virus which can be even more deadly. Symptoms of bird flu virus usually occur within two to four days after being infected with the virus. Some people can develop a pink eye or an eye infection. Sometimes bird flu can lead to phenomena. Some people can be hospitalized if bird flu virus gets sever enough. Sometimes people can go into a coma for weeks. Some birds and people may die without showing any signs or symptoms of having bird flu. The drug Relenza may help to relieve the symptoms of bird flu. According to the January 7, 2007 edition of New Scientist in an article titled “the bird flu threat” Debora Mackenzie stated that a drug called tamiflu saved a few Asian victims who had the bird flu virus but in order for tamiflu to work you have to take it within 48 hours within the start of the bird flu symptoms in order for it to make a difference. Lastly, one way to prevent yourself from not getting bird flu would be to avoid open air markets. Be very cautious when at a poultry farm some of the birds or other animals there may be infected with bird flu. Try to avoid rural areas sometimes infected birds with the bird flu virus like to hang out there. Always be sure to wash your hands a lot during the day germs tend to always be on your hands. Also be sure to always cover your mouth when you cough this is a very easy way to spread bird flu to other people. Never eat anything with undercooked eggs in it. Never eat raw or not well cooked meat this can be very dangerous and can be a good way to catch bird flu. According to the science and development homepage titled “bird flu update” the science and development homepage had stated that a 23 year old teacher from northern Phu Tho province in northern Vietnam had became ill with the bird flu virus after eating contaminated poultry. Consider getting a flu shot at your local clinic this flu shot will protect you from hopefully not getting bird flu but the shot wont guarantee you that you wont get bird flu. Bird flu has caused many people in Asia to have to wear surgical mask in public so that people that aren’t infected won’t catch the bird flu virus from them and some people must avoid all social contact with other people so that they don’t infect the people who don’t have bird flu. Some restaurants and theaters and schools are going to close in Asia in order to prevent the spread of bird flu. In conclusion the bird flu virus is one of the most dangerous viruses in the world today that could kill hundreds of people, birds, and other animals. So now you know what bird flu is, what the symptoms of bird flu are, and ways that you can prevent yourself from not getting bird flu. So the next time that you go to a poultry farm or come in contact with a bird or a person that is infected with the bird flu virus you will know how to take proper precautions so that you don’t catch the bird flu virus.
- A: It is very informative, is it supposed to be about the bird flu virus or precaution and prevention? That is a little unclear. If is about the virus itself, you need to change your conclusion, the conclusion sounds a little too pursuasive. the only other advice I would give is not to say “first off” “next” “last” and “in conclusion” just take a deliberate pause at the beginning and end of each idea so we know when you are moving on.