What is vitiligo and lupus
Vitiligo is a condition in which your skin loses melanin, the pigment that determines the color of your skin, hair and eyes.Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body’s immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-vitiligo-and-lupus ]
More Answers to “What is vitiligo and lupus“
- Does lupus causes vitiligo?
- Lupus does not cause vitiligo. Both lupus and vitiligo are autoimmune diseases. People who have one autoimmune disease often have more than one. Lupus and vitiligo can occur in the same person at the same time, but there is no cause and eff…
- Did you know that on top of having Vitiligo, he also had lupus??
- I love that people like you are paying respect to MJ the musical genius, not MJ, the “pedophile” like radicalrambings is doing all over Xanga. Its a shame that some people are so closed-minded. If anyone was up to fill in his role…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it possible that Michael Jackson didn’t die of drugs but from lupus? that’s what I’m hearing now…?
- Q: The rumors are rampant about the drug use, but with all that they’re saying about him, how could his health have held up. I researched info on Lupus and Vitiligo and they go together and do great bodily harm. The Lupus can actually cause a heart attack in a fairly young person, in their 40s or 50s.
- A: Lot of people with lupus do die from complications. Lupus could have caused his heart to get inflamed and cause heart attack.We don’t know whether he had lupus for sure or not. It could have been a rumor about him like lot of other rumors. No one is talking about lupus. Everyone is talking about his drug use. We will know the truth when his toxicology reports come back.
- Pityriasis alba? Opinions??
- Q: I just went to a skin specialist about my face, which has lighter coloured patches of skin during the summer. I’ve had it since i was younger, but it was only noticeable in the summer. When i go out in the sun too long, it gets itchy sometimes. He guranteed me that it would go away in a couple of yrs and that I shouldnt worry about it. He also said it’s not vitiligo or lupus or anything serious. He told me its just that in the winter when the skin gets dry, sometimes skin peels off, and that causes some of the pigment to go away. ( the patches arent completley colourless) He said its not noticeable cuz there isnt sun. The sun in the summer tans the rest of my face, except for the affected areas, and thats what makes it more noticeable. I’m still scared its vitiligo or something…should I be? Should I trust him? or should i go see another specialist?also: my normal skin colour is kinda golden brown..(i’m black, but my skin tone looks more like i’m half black/half white)
- A: It’s a common condition and like the derm said it should clear up in a few years. He’s on the level with you and since it’s not infectious or cancerous you’re okay. I had it myself and yes it did go away. Here’s a link to read for your concerns:http://www.visualdxhealth.com/child/pityriasisAlba.htmGood day!
- What did you think about Michael Jackson?
- Q: Funny. Okay, it’s not. I never really cared about Mr. Jackson while he was alive. I only knew he existed. His death really surprised me. I even went on to wikipedia to read about his whole life. I didn’t even know he was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus! He was also accused for sexual harassment. When the media turned their back to him, he said, “Why not just tell people I’m an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They’ll believe anything you say, because you’re a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, “I’m an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight,” people would say, “Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He’s cracked up. You can’t believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.” …. Now tell me what YOU thought about him.
- A: Well, what I thought of him when alive and what I think of him now, are miles apart.I am a bit younger than he was. I hated Thriller when it came out and was never able to get through the entire video until a couple of days ago. I thought it was stupid and dismissed him all of these years as a bizarre man that kept changing his face obsessively and was likely guilty of the child molestation charges. My parents were prejudice and I think I only saw him on TV when we were both kids maybe twice- my parents would just flip the channel, or in those days, turn it off as we only had about 4 channels. I was also one of those that on the day he died, I was upset there was no coverage of Farah’s death. That was THEN.NOW- WOW. It started when I was channel surfing trying to find anything on except news coverage of his passing. I heard a song that I was shocked to know was his- You Are Not Alone. Oddly, I have always loved that song but never knew it was he singing it. I was then intrigued. I then saw the video to They Don’t Care About Us and I couldn’t control my foot taps and I don’t even dance. LOL Then, I started to learn about the man Michael Jackson by watching the news coverage and researching. I swear he has cast a spell on me! I am ashamed I never appreciated him when he was alive. I am now a fan. I am surprised at my sense of loss, so I can only imagine what his long time fans must be feeling. I think he has earned my respect and I seem to sense his pain in life. No clue why, but somehow I relate to his messages. I never would have thought I’d be an MJ fan at this age. He was an extremely talented artist in the truest sense. May his kids always know he loved them. RIP Michael