What percentage of people have Celiac Disease
About 1/2 percent of the world population has Celiac, but up to 15 percent are gluten sensitive and suffer the same symptoms. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-percentage-of-people-have-celiac-disease ]
More Answers to “What percentage of people have Celiac Disease“
- What causes celiac disease?
- Celiac disease is a condition of the digestive system. It is triggered when individuals suffering from the condition consume gluten, which causes a toxic reaction that causes damage to the small intestine, and prevents food from properly be…
- How do you get celiac disease?
- Celiac disease is an auto-immune disease that you can’t catch. You are born with it and it is usually genetic.
- Can people with celiac disease eat oats?
- This is a question that still needs more research. Celiac disease is a genetic autoimmune disorder of the small bowel. Upon exposure to gluten, the body modifies the protein, and the immune system reacts with the bowel tissue, causing an in…