What would cause me to have a high fever for a week
A high fever is the symptom of a disease or infection. High fever is 103F or higher. If it’s been a week you need to see a doctor. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-would-cause-me-to-have-a-high-fever-for-a-week ]
More Answers to “What would cause me to have a high fever for a week“
- What could cause high platelet count (708),low haemoglobin (7.9),…?
- A high platelet count can happen for many reasons, but there are two basic processes involved. Number one, The cells within the bone marrow produce more platelets. Number two Less platelets are removed from the blood by the spleen. Low hemo…
- What would cause a high fever to come back after just two weeks i…?
- It sounds like a secondary infection. Maybe an ear infection or bronchitis, or strep throat. My kids did this a lot. Got a viral infection then a couple weeks later an ear infection or bronchitis. Better go back and they will probably give …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What would cause a high fever to come back after just two weeks in a child?
- Q: My daughter is 8 years old and about two weeks ago I had her to the hospital for high fever, sore throat, headache, and she said her eyes were hurting. They tested her for strep throat (which she has had a lot before) and it came back negative. They sent her home with a prescription for motrin. Her fever was getting as high as 103. I gave it a couple of days and when I noticed that her fever would not go down even with the medicine I took her to a different hospital. They were unable to find anything wrong, they also did the strep test and even let it culture and I never did get called to say it came back positive. When I took her into the second hospital she was really pale and was not able to stay awake while there. They did get her fever down but told me to watch her for a couple more days. Finally her fever went down and now I am really worried because every symptom has come back. I don’t know what could cause this and why they are unable to find out what is going on. Anyone who has any suggestion about what could be wrong please get back to me. The doctor from the second hospital had told me to watch for a rash that looked like bruises because she was showing all other signs of meningitis and it is really scaring me.
- A: It sounds like a secondary infection. Maybe an ear infection or bronchitis, or strep throat. My kids did this a lot. Got a viral infection then a couple weeks later an ear infection or bronchitis. Better go back and they will probably give you antibiotics this time. I’ll give you a little info on meningitis so you won’t worry so much:HOW DO I DECIDE IF MY CHILD’S SYMPTOMS MAY BE MENINGITIS? – WHEN TO WORRY (OR NOT WORRY)IThe key to meningitis is the neck pain and stiffness. So if your child has severe neck pain and stiffness, and one or more of the other four symptoms, call your doctor to be seen right away, or page the doctor after hours. On the other hand, if your child does NOT have neck pain or stiffness, and DOES have the other symptoms, then it is less likely to be meningitis. If the headache is very, very severe, fever and vomiting are present, but there is no neck stiffness or pain, you should contact your doctor just to be safe.Additionally, fever is almost always present during meningitis. So if your child has a headache, but no fever (and no neck stiffness), then you can be reassured it is not meningitis.In fact, headache, fever and vomiting, without neck pain or stiffness, is probably the just a bad flu virus. MOST IMPORTANTLY – if you are not sure, contact your doctor. http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t083700.asp
- What type of viruses or infections would cause someone to have a fever for more than 10 days (and counting)?
- Q: I’m concerned about my girlfriend who has had a fever for the past 10 days. Her only symptoms are a low to high grade fever, chills, a persistent headache and slight dizziness. She *does not* have swollen glands, a sore throat, a stomach ache or a rash. Her temperature floats between 99 – 102.6 on a daily basis. During the day her temperature will hover around 99 and then like clockwork she’ll begin to get chills and shiver around 4pm and her temperature shoots back up to around 100.7 – 102.6.She has been to the ER and they took blood, urine and chest x-rays, which all came back negative. She feels as though if she goes back to the Dr. they will just tell her the same thing. I keep trying to calm her nerves by saying it’s more than likely a virus and just needs to work its way out. However, I am worried that it may be worse than a simple virus such as meningitis or something like that. Has someone witnessed a similar situation? How long can a fever last? 2, 3 weeks?**UPDATE** Thank you for everyone who has posted a response. They are all helpful. My girlfriend is on day 16. We’ve already been back to the ER (on day 10) because she had a fever of 104. They sent us home AGAIN. Today is Day 16 and she once again had a fever of 103.7 last night. Today we’re taking her to a 3rd Dr — her usual Dr. back home. Hopefully this will be more helpful.
- A: Your girlfriend may request that her physician refer her to an infectious disease specialist. For example, she may have a Mycoplasma infection. Perhaps the physician may consider taking blood cultures to identify the pathogen.
- What Could Cause a Child to Be Sick for 6 Weeks with on and off High Fever and Cough?
- Q: My little one has been sick for six weeks. At first he had a flu like thing not responsive to antibiotics with a high fever. Then as he began getting a bit better, he tested positive for strep. When he got better from strep he still had a cough but he does have asthma. He started running another high fever now.The doctor did bloodwork and his white blood count is elevated at 22. He’s had stomach pain and has vomited twice in several days. If anyone has any ideas at all, I would be so appreciative. My worst fear is it being something bad. Any help is appreciated greatly. :)Thanks for all your responses so quickly! 🙂 He is five and he has to go back tomorrow for a follow up with his pediatrician. He’s had two rounds of antibiotics and is now on a third that is stronger just in case he had become immuned to Amoxil.Thanks so, so much!
- A: YOU MIGHT WANT TAKE THE BABY TO A OTHER DOCTOR.