Why do diseases skip a generation
Because you have genes that are passed onto your child and you only get half of them and when you mate if you don’t have the disease than you have a higher chance of passing onto your kid. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-diseases-skip-a-generation ]
More Answers to “Why do diseases skip a generation“
- Why do some diseases skip a generation?
- because you have genes that are passed onto your child and you only get half of them and when you mate if you dont have the disease than you have a higher chance of passing onto your kid. and than so on or it might not even skip a generat…
- Is it true that diseases and illnesses that are in your family sk…?
- It depends on the disease/illness. NONE by rule always skip. However many genetic illness can be carried, but not expressed, either due to needing to have both sets of chromosomes containing the gene, or because a gene is not the only facto…
- Does Alzheimer’s disease skip one generation?
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Heredity Scientists recognize that Alzheimer’s Disease has two forms: The hereditary component is different for each. ･ FAD is known to be entirely inherited. It is estimated that only 5 to 10% of all cases are of th…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How Could A Genetic Disease Be Present In A Baby With No Familial History?
- Q: For example, how could a baby inherited Milroy disease, if the parents, grandparents and great-grandparents did not have it?Can people carry genes for a disease, which lies dormant in them?How do certain diseases “skip a generation” Why do they?Are all disease carrying genes the same?How long does a gene pool live?(poorly phrased, I know.)
- A: The 1st source below says that Milroy disease is autosomal dominant with variable expressivity. So that means that there are two possibilities. One is that there was a new mutation that only affected the baby (a mutation in the sperm, the egg, or early in the embryo’s development). The other is that other blood relatives did have the genetic defect, but for some unknown reason they only had a very mild version of the disease (that is what “variable expressivity” means — see 2nd source for more on genetics, including your other questions). Of course, there can be errors in people’s family histories, too. ;)Genetic studies may be able to clarify what the situation is in this particular family. Hope this helps.
- Is everyone in this generation that naive?
- Q: I’ve seen all sorts of questions on here & I thought ppl were more informed than they are. I was seriously wrong. Is there anything that you question?Do you believe that the Bible has been changed by MAN b/c of political agendas? Or do you just skip in the daisies with the Bible under your arm smiling like an idiot?Do you believe that scientists are capable of manufacturing a deadly disease & then spreading it amongst ppl?Or are you still skipping through the daisies believing EVERYTHING in the Bible.Do you believe that history has been changed and altered, and even erased to again fit political agendas?Let me guess….your still skipping thru the daisies.There are sooo many other things I’d like to mention…but why waste my time?I open my mouth in disbelief. Those in control have you exactly where they want you.Todays Prophet: you are awesome!
- A: Amen, sister…Here’s the simply Solution for religion and how to be more informed about the Truth:Eliminate religion from Your Life, A.S.A.P.;Freedom of religion is Freedom FROM religion; religion is Spiritual fraud;Universal Truth eliminated religion from Spirituality a long time ago;Accomplish this:Create a Private, Personal, Direct, Divine Relationship with Our Creator and save Your Soul from religion’s and atheist’s beliefs and start Your journey back home, to Heaven.<<<<<<< UnConditional Love is the only answer >>>>>>>Love and Believe in Our Creator;Love and Believe in Yourself.Only with Our Creator’s Love and Peace will we be Truly Free!
- help biologists~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~?
- Q: Which of the following disorders is likely to be inherited by more males than females?a. Huntington’s disease b. Down syndromec. hemophilia d. cystic fibrosisNormally, lethal autosomal dominant traits are eliminated from a population because theya. have a late onset b. have an early onsetc. don’t produce phenotypes that affect a carrier’s healthd. aren’t dominantMost sex-linked traits are passed from mother to ________To analyze _______, geneticists make a chart of chromosomes called a(an) _________.The inheritance pattern that occurs equally in both sexes and skips generation is _____.The genotype of the individual represented by this pedigree symbol is ______. (Use the letters Y and y to represent alleles)Feather colors in pigeons are produced by _______ inheritance.Why do certain human genetic disorders, such as sickle-cell anemia and Sachs disease, occur more frequently among one ethnic group than another?How can a single gene mutation in a protein such as hemoglobin affect several body systems?
- A: 1.c2b3male offspring4 dunno5dunno6dunno7polygenic inheritance8 because certain parts of the world or certain groups of people have a set of similar pooled genes that may make the occurance of certain disorders more likely to result9. A point mutation in dna can effect the way your entire body is created and how it functions so if one of your proteins is mutated then it could lead to many systemic problems