Best Whitening Toothpaste VS Best Toothpaste to Whiten Teeth
It seems like a simple enough question: What is the best whitening toothpaste? This is actually a somewhat difficult question to frame because there are different answers depending on exactly what one is looking for. The manufacturers and brand advertising will often mince words because in principle, any toothpaste helps whiten the teeth with normal use so any could claim to be the “best whitening toothpaste” simply by claiming to be the best paste in general, even if it has no special additional whitening chemicals or properties. However, as the prospective customer, this is not what we’re looking for. By best whitening toothpaste, we explicitly want the best toothpaste to whiten teeth.
Best Whitening Toothpaste – Which Toothpaste Whitens Teeth The Best?
We have established that advertisers might mean one thing by best whitening toothpaste but customers really want to know is, what is the best toothpaste to whiten teeth? To answer this question we must consider both the ‘whitening factor’ and the ‘toothpaste factor’. In short, the best whitening toothpaste must whiten the teeth while still being an excellent toothpaste in general. The primary purpose of even the best whitening is, of course, to effectively clean the teeth, while the secondary purpose is to provide additional whitening and/or teeth stain removal. Unfortunately there is no single winner for the grand title of best whitening toothpaste but the news is not all bad. The good news is that there is a best toothpaste to whiten teeth. The bad news is that this best whitening toothpaste will not be the same for everyone. Reasons for teeth staining and darkening vary from person to person and even the best whitening toothpaste brands have different strengths. Ultimately your quest for the best whitening toothpaste will come down to trying different brands to find the one that works best for you. However, here are a few consistently excellent contenders:
– Opalescence Plus Best Whitening Toothpaste
– Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening
– Rembrandt Plus Peroxide
– Rembrandt Premium Extra Gentle
Finding Your Best Whitening Toothpaste – What to Look For?
When looking for the best whitening toothpaste there are several points to keep in mind:
– Know what type of whitening you need and what you want. E.g. stain removal, generally whiter shade, or maintaining your current shade from another whitening or bleaching treatment.
– These toothpastes often use strong ingredients and some people are sensitive to a number of these chemicals commonly used in whitening products (or even normal toothpastes). Knowing what ingredients you sensitive to will greatly simplify your search for the best whitening toothpaste.
– Genuine teeth whitening toothpaste (not just ‘whitening’ name branding) will list ingredients that specifically help with whitening and/or stain removal. Some of these ingredients include: baking soda, calcium carbonate, silica, aluminum oxide, and peroxide.
– Remember the best whitening toothpaste is not just which toothpaste whitens teeth the best. The ‘toothpaste factor’ is more important than the ‘whitening factor’. You must be looking for a product that you can use long-term to maintain healthy teeth without excessive irritation.
– Be patient. Even the best whitening toothpaste is designed for long-term results so you may not notice any effects weeks or even months.
Remember that there is no universal best whitening toothpaste. If one product works for someone you know but not for you then try a different product, don’t give up hope. However, if you are looking for a powerful tooth whitener solution, even the best whitening toothpaste is not the answer and you should consider stronger options such as strips (intermediate) or gel (most powerful).