Week 12 Defense Rankings – Start & Sit Advice. Week 12 Defense Rankings are based on weekly matchups and the highest projected potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football Defense in Week 12. Use these Week 12 Defense Rankings to help you decide which Defense to start and which Defense to sit on your fantasy football team this week.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them at my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Football-Start-Sit-Lineup-Advice/262183993792691 and get live replies and answers to your questions there.
– Hawk Michaels @ Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog – www.hawkfantasysports.wordpress.com
Week 12 Defense Rankings – player profiles and stat projections will be updated throughout the week
Week 12 — QB Rankings — RB Rankings — WR Rankings — TE Rankings — Defense Rankings — Waiver Wire Pickups — NFL Picks & Predictions
1. Pittsburgh Steelers = @KC —– Picking the best defense from week to week is always one of the toughest challenges in fantasy football lineups. This week, even though the Pittsburgh Steelers defense has been up and down this season, I am willing to gamble on them as potentially being the highest scoring fantasy football defense in week 12, as they will be facing a turnover prone and low scoring Kansas City Chiefs offense led by Tyler Palko.
2. Houston Texans = @Jac – 69% —– Coming off their bye last week, the Texans were dropped in several fantasy football leagues as teams picked up a replacement defense for the week. So at just 69% owned in 10 team leagues entering week 12’s games, the Houston Texans defense should be a very popular waiver wire pickup this week. Facing a weak passing Blaine Gabbert, the Texans defense offers huge scoring potential for fantasy football teams.
3. San Francisco 49ers = @Bal —– A top 3 fantasy football scoring defense this season, the 49ers face a potent Baltimore Ravens offense…..but at the same time a struggling Ravens offense. I suspect this will be a low scoring game that could come down to field goals only.
4. Baltimore Ravens = SF —– In the same boat as their counterpart defense in this game, the Ravens are a proven defense that has potential to tally some points against a weak 49ers passing attack.
5. Green Bay Packers = @Det —– In reality, the Packers defense could easily give up 40 plus points in this game. However they also offer a ton of interception and touchdown potential, so I would be willing to gamble on starting them against an interception happy Matthew Stafford right now.
6. New York Jets = Buf —– The Buffalo Bills offense is a complete disaster right now. Injuries to the offensive line, wide receivers, and now Fred Jackson, could have the Jets smelling a shutout in this game. Lots of upside for the NY Jets defense this week.
7. Cincinnati Bengals = Cle – 62% —– After holding up against a tough Baltimore Ravens offense in last weeks game, the surging Bengals face a soft Cleveland Brown offense this week. There is plenty of reason to believe that the Cincinnati Bengals will be a top 10 scoring fantasy football defense this week.
8. Chicago Bears = @Oak —– Not an easy matchup and not a tough matchup all at the same time for the Chicago Bears defense this week. A couple sacks and a turnover or two are very possible.
9. Detroit Lions = GB —– If the Lions can get pressure on Aaron Rodgers they will have a chance. A couple of sacks are within reach, but otherwise expect the Lions to give up close to 50 points in this game if they don’t get enough pressure on Rodgers.
10. Dallas Cowboys = Mia —– The surging Miami Dolphins offense poses a slight risk for the Dallas defense this week, but fantasy teams should still be willing to gamble on starting them if need be.
11. Oakland Raiders = Chi – 21% —– The loss of Jay Cutler definitely hurts the Chicago Bears offensive scoring upside, and the Oakland Raiders defense has been playing very well anyway in recent weeks. At just 21% owned, the Raiders are an excellent waiver wire pickup and definitely deserve a spot start in most fantasy football lineups this week.
12. Carolina Panthers = @Ind – 3% —– This is anything but a sure bet, however even a defense like the Carolina Panthers have potential this week against an awful Indianapolis Colts offense. A couple interceptions, sacks, and turnovers are easily within reach for this 3% owned Carolina Panthers defense in week 12.
13. Washington Redskins = @Sea – 21% —– Facing a less than potent Seattle Seahawks offense, the pressure defense of the Redskins could easily rack up a handful of sacks and turnovers against Tarvaris Jackson in this game.
14. Tennessee Titans = TB – 21% —– The Tampa Bay offense was solid against the Packers defense last week, but Josh Freeman still is throwing interceptions and turning the ball over. That leaves the door open for the Titans defense to possibly come up big this week if all fall right.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers = @Ten – 7% —– With Matt Hasselbeck dealing with a sore throwing arm, the Buccaneers could feast on rookie Jake Locker in this game. At just 7% owned in 10 team leagues, the Buccaneers are a very intriguing spot starting defense this week for fantasy football teams.
16. Arizona Cardinals = @StL – 13% —– The Cardinals defense is not great, but the Rams offense is not great either.
17. Minnesota Vikings = @Atl
18. New York Giants = @NO
19. Atlanta Falcons = Min
20. Buffalo Bills = @NYJ —– The Bills defense has been terrible lately…….but so has Mark Sanchez…..
21. Denver Broncos = @SD
22. Jacksonville Jaguars = Hou —– Matt Leinart???
23. St. Louis Rams = Ari – 11% —– If Kevin Kolb is out again this week, then the Rams defense could rack up a very solid game against the Arizona offense in this matchup.
24. Seattle Seahawks = Was
25. San Diego Chargers = Den
26. New England Patriots = @Phi —– If Michael Vick is out for this and Vince Young plays, the Patriots defense might be tempting to start this week.
27. New Orleans Saints = NYG
28. Cleveland Browns = @Cin
29. Philadelphia Eagles = NE —– There is no way that I am starting the Eagles defense this week.
30. Miami Dolphins = @Dal
31. Kansas City Chiefs = Pit
32. Indianapolis Colts = Car