Can a sauna help you lose weight
A sauna can help you lose some weight, mostly water. But, diet and exercise works the best. Thanks for using ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-sauna-help-you-lose-weight ]
More Answers to “Can a sauna help you lose weight“
- Can sauna help to lose weight?
- Sauna can definitely help losing weight but if you are talking about immediate effect, it’s water weight. However, when used regularly, sauna can help improve cardio fitness by forcing your heart to race. Good cardio fitness allows you to e…
- Do sauna’s help you lose weight?
- Yes, Sauna help you lose weight in two ways: one by the loss of water, but this is temporary and is easily made up when you drink fluids. The second effect is to increase your blood circulation and thus make your body work harder to maintai…
- Does a sauna help you lose weight?
- It makes you perspire And when you perspire, you release fluid from the body. So when you’re in a sauna, you only lose water weight, not fat. So yes, it does make you lose weight, but it’s not very efficient. Plus you don’t want to get dehy…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can the sauna help you lose weight?
- Q: I’m starting a new diet and exercise plan to lose about 5-10 pounds. I’ve heard that when you use the sauna, you lose water weight, and gain it back when you drink fluids. However, if you were to use the sauna a few times a week for 15-30 minutes, could it help me lose the weight in the long run?Also, if the sauna increases your metabolism, would it be beneficial to use it right before you exercise?
- A: Of course an increase in body temperature can help burn calories, but the sauna itself only helps you sweat out water weight. I think if you wanted to use the heat benefit, your best bet would be after exercise because your metabolism is already sped up and the temperature increase would possibly speed it up a little more. If you do this though, make sure to stay WELL HYDRATED. That is essential. If you don’t stay hydrated, your metabolism will actually slow down and you could suffer from overheating.
- Does using a sauna help you lose weight too?
- Q: Hi guys. In my gym (where i go like 5 to 6 days a week) there is a sauna. A lot of girls use the sauna but ive never used one and want to know 1) what people use them for, and 2) can it help me lose weight (along with my diet and exercise?)thanks
- A: I have only used a sauna for reviving a sore muscle for recovery and similar situation. As far as losing weight from being in a sauna, yes you will lose weight, but it will just be water weight. Not fat like most people like to believe. Beyond that, I don’t know much else about saunas. I stick to a great diet and awesome workouts I can enjoy with friends, family, or alone. But I hope someone else has better info than I do. God luck and God bless.
- Does a steam sauna help you lose weight?
- Q: Ive heard that some types of sauanas make you sweat, but the weight loss is from your metabolisim burning faster to cool you down, but does it work with steam saunas? Has anyone lost weight (water) with it?
- A: yea you sweat out excess water
Prev Question: Why do muscles cramp
People also view