Do you burn more calories exercising before or after eating
As long as their workout is around 30 minutes long and does not include strength training, not eating beforehand could be better. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/do-you-burn-more-calories-exercising-before-or-after-eating ]
More Answers to “Do you burn more calories exercising before or after eating“
- How long do I wait after eating lunch before I workout in order t…?
- you should wait 30 minutes after eating lunch or you might throw up.if you have eaten aot you should wait a bit longer.hope this helps!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- in order to burn off more fat and calories…is it better to eat before or after exercising?
- Q: I plan to walk about a mile in the morning and another in the eveningI am a 40 yr old woman who is about 60 lbs over weight….and have not exercised in some time. I plan to start out walking 2 miles a day…1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.
- A: Here are some ideas from my 360 Blog of September 10.Don’t target more than about 2 lbs per week. If you try to lose faster, your body will go into “starvation mode” and get very stingy about burning calories while at the same time very efficient about storing any calories that you do provide. And it will make you feel awful. There is no site specific way of losing fat… the old myth about working your abs to burn belly fat isn’t true. To get rid of love handles, you need to lose overall fat. That happens with exercise and watching your diet. More on that below. The most effective way to lose fat is aerobic exercise in the “moderate” fat-burning range, ideally first thing in the morning before you eat. When you wake your body is ready to burn fat and your levels of growth hormone are highest at that time. Later in the day it can take up to 30 minutes just to put your body into a fat-burning mode. Another overlooked way to burn fat is by lifting weights. Skeletal muscle has very high caloric needs… almost twice that of adipose (fat) tissue. Put on a little muscle and you will burn calories all day even at rest. Be aware that skeletal muscle weighs more, so with this approach you may see your weight increasing while your body fat is melting away. Not realizing this often stresses folks who think they should be losing weight as a measure of fitness. Forget the scale, look in the mirror and you will be happy.To lose a pound of fat, you need to eliminate about 3500 calories. You can do this by burning more with exercise or by modifying your diet to reduce intake. You can easily find a list of calories for various exercises by doing a Google search on something like “swimming calories.” You can the lists to estimate how many calories you are burning up with your routine.For diet, keep a diary for a couple of weeks counting calories, grams of protein, and grams of fat intake. It is easy with online sources of nutritional information (type the name of the food and calories into the Google search engine) and packaging labels. That will let you quickly figure out where the fat is coming from in your diet. Fat gives you 9 calories per gram. So take the number of grams of fat, multiply by 9, then calculate what percentage the fat calories are of your total daily calories. Restricting the calories from fat to about 20% of your total intake is ideal for a maintenance diet… that isn’t overly restrictive. Of note, you need some fat in your diet. For instance, the body uses fat to produce hormones. Once you have a picture of how to modify your diet, you can drop the diary and just go back to it occasionally if you are wanting to tweek things further.There is a subset of questions that goes further and asks about “How to get a six-pack?” The answer is the same. Six-packs are 20% abdominal exercise and 80% diet. There is one caveat… abdominal muscles will form in the position that you exercise them, so be certain to pull them tightly toward your spine while doing crunches, etc. Also, during most lifting, the “core is active” which means that you should be stabilizing with contracted abs then too. Fail to do this and the abs will form, but bulging outward and the result is not attractive.If you are trying to build muscle as a way to lose fat, then you may need to increase total calories and specifically your protein intake. I target about 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight each day when actively building. That is far more protein than most people need in their diets.Aloha
- when is the best time to eat before breakfast or after when exercising to burn calories?
- A: Anytime is a good time to exercise, but if you are looking to burn excess calories I would look to 1 hour after a meal. The idea for exercise is to create a need for glucose in the muscles. Since it takes 1 – 2 hours after a meal to start seeing a rise in blood sugar, exercising 1 – 2 hours after a meal creates a need for those new calories. Because you must replace the store of glycogin in your musles. Then the calories are used for activity and do not go to fat.But any exercise is good exercise, so exerise the time of day when you feel is best. Harryhttp://thediabeticrunner.blogspot.com
- So I eat a pepperoni pizza, how many days after eating it can I burn the calories from it?
- Q: Lets say I eat a whole pizza (which I do) how many days after eating it can I burn away those calories? Also lets say I eat a bowl of cereal in the morning, then exercise. Am I only going to burn away the calories from the cereal or will I be burning calories from food I ate the night before too?
- A: Heyyy stranger!It’s not that simple to answer but let me try to explain. Glucose is the fuel our body prefers to use. Carbs convert to glucose after eaten. Whatever glucose that is not used will be stored in the muscle and liver as glycogen. But the muscles and liver can only hold so much. Approx 400-600 grams. So, whatever glucose that is not stored in the muscle and liver will be stored as fat. Now, the stored fat will only be used IF there is no glucose floating around in the system. So, if you eat a whole pizza today, best believe alot of that will be stored as fat. Then you go to sleep. You wake up the next morning and have a carb based breakfast or lunch. You have now given the body its prefered fuel (carbs, which turns into glucose) so it won’t touch the stored fat from the pizza the day before. however, If you had eaten protein/fat meals instead, then there is no gluose in your system. Now you’re forcing your body to use the stored fat as fuel.2nd question:You would be burning the whatever glucose is in that cereal meal. Now if you had eaten an egg omellete instead, that is a different story. An egg omellete has hardly any carbs, thus hardly any glucose for your body to use as fuel.Our body uses these substrates preferentially if present in our system: 1) alcohol 2) glucose (carbs) 3) amino acids (protein) 4) fatThat is why losing body fat is so difficult. it’s LAST on the list of our body to use. But there are ways to trick the body into using it FIRST.
Prev Question: How can I lose 10 pounds without exercising
People also view