Does Yoga Make You Lose Weight
A 150-pound person will burn 150 calories in an hour of doing regular yoga, compared to 311 calories for an hour of walking at 3 mph. But it is exercise, after all, & many practitioners believe yoga can indeed help people take off extra pounds ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-yoga-make-you-lose-weight ]
More Answers to “Does Yoga Make You Lose Weight“
- Does yoga make you lose weight?
- By itself Yoga won’t really help you lose weight because it doesn’t burn a whole lot of calories. It kind of depends on what kind of Yoga you’re doing. It def. doesn’t make you taller though. It might improve your posture making you look ta…
- Does yoga make u lose weight?
- Yoga will not make you lose weight. I don’t know what that person above was talking about, 20lbs loss? I’m sure her parents were doing other things in addition to yoga. Anyways, it is all about balance and strength and meditation/stress …
- Can doing yoga make you lose weight?
- yes, in fact anything that tests your muscles will help you burn calories in which you lose weight. But under circumstances you can gain muscle mass and lose fat and could remain the same weight but lose inches.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does yoga make you lose weight/become toned?
- Q: Has anyone actually done yoga, and lost substantial weight from it?
- A: you are streching in yoga which is burn calories and raising your metabolism, so you loose weight, you are putting pressure on your muscles, so they get stronger and you get tone. mmmm i feel like stretching.fasteest way to loose weight – walking and runningfast way to tone – lift weights
- Does yoga help you to lose Weight or does it just make you more flexable?
- Q: I want to start doing yoga. I probably wouldnt do it more than three times a week for about an hour each time, but would it have an effect on my weight, or just make me more flexable?
- A: both
- how does yoga make u lose weight?
- Q: im starting yoga in my gym and want to know the full benefits of yoga and how it makes u lose weight if it does?
- A: Yoga is hard exercise. I did a week of ashtanga and not only did I sweat profusely during the sessions, but I also firmed up and lost weight, just in that one week. It also did wonders for my flexibility and general well being. As long as you keep at it you will soon see the benefits.
Prev Question: What is a good way to stretch out your lower back
People also view