How many calories does thinking burn
Your brain burns a tenth of a calorie every minute to survive. If you are working on a hard problem or task, more will be burned. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-calories-does-thinking-burn ]
More Answers to “How many calories does thinking burn“
- How many calories does thinking burn?
- I think it will be hard to find a definitive answer on this one, and its likely that nobody has measured it directly in a controlled experiment. It is not hard to find info like: “Your brain makes up about two percent of your body weig…
- Does thinking more, burn more calories ?
- Thanks Twiffy, We can’t have perfect memories without significantly cutting into other more common functionality… Are you saying it takes energy to STORE memories, like RAM on a computer? What about long term memories, from years ago, …
- Do you burn calories thinking?
- You burn calories by simply being alive. In order to be alive your body needs energy. Your lungs and heart are pumping, many other bodily functions going on at the same time. All of these things burn calories (calories are a form of energy)…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Hi, I was thinking of taking a 90 minutes pole dancing class,how many calories does that burn?
- Q: In addition, does wearing high heels burn more calories?
- A: Well it would be hard to calculate the calories burned because the activities that are done in a pole lesson are quite varied. To get a rough estimate I would just try to break the lesson down and figure out how many minutes were spent in cardio, how many in strength and how many in flexibility training. About the shoes, I don’t think that they would burn more calories because you can’t do the same kinds of strength or cardio with them on but they definitely work the leg and butt muscles. If you buy your own pair you can start wearing them while you do your spins but only after you’re fully confident that you’re not going to sprain an ankle. To get used to them just wear them around the house a lot. You will be really sore the first few days but it’s a great toning exercise for your legs and butt as well as strengthening your ankles! I really like the pleaser, jante and ellie brands. You can find them on ebay for around $20!
- How many calories do you burn by thinking?
- Q: Only a few people realize that we burn calories when we think. So when we do our homework, you’re burning calories. My questions is how MANY calories do we burn by thinking? Just by reading or doing homework, how many calories do we burn like in a minute or in an hour?By the way, anyone coming here to say “none” or “you don’t burn calories by thinking” you are wrong. We burn calories on everything you do. We burn so little doing it that you never really realize it.
- A: I think it was about 100 calories an hour if you are reading/ doing homework, so I guess its about that much with just thinking. Thats why after you do your hw, you are so hungry
- Approx how many calories does masturbation burn?
- Q: Let’s say one rubs against a bolster until orgasm. How many calories burned, do you think?
- A: I don’t know, but it sounds like an excellent way to lose weight!
Prev Question: How long does it take to see results from working out
People also view