How many squats should you do
You should do as many squats as you can without completely straining your legs and if possible, use light weights. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-squats-should-you-do ]
More Answers to “How many squats should you do“
- Chiro Says, “No One Should Do Squats! They are Too Dangerous…?
- Opinions are like s, everyone has one. That is his opinion as wrong as it may be it is still his opinion. You don’t avoid injury by not working a muscle. You avoid injury by making that muscle stronger. Those strong muscles in turn help pro…
- How many squats should i do?
- Squats won’t tone your legs, they will tone your butt. Lunges and calf raises will tone your legs. For lunges: Doing this twice a day will work your thigh area it will also work your butt, giving a nice round look. Normally it is done once …
- Why Sprinters should NOT do Double-Leg Squats?
- There’s an alarming trend of Coaches who do not like the conventional double leg squats with the bar behind your head. But for those who like to do the double-legged squats, it is recommended to do “front squats” with the bar on your front …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many squats should I do everyday?
- Q: How many squats should I do everyday? I already go on the treadmill for an hour 6 days a week and one day for 30 minutes.How long will it take to see results?
- A: The amount you should do depends on your goals.-If you want to train for muscular endurance you should do about4-5 sets of 15-20 reps. If you want to gain mass and strength you should do around 2-3 sets of 10-12 repsTo increase your maximum strength and power, you should do 1 or 2 sets of 3-6 reps.As far as the weight you should use is concerned; The last couple reps of each set should leave you temporarily fatigued. On the last set, you should go until you fail to complete another rep. If you can do more than the said amount of reps, increase the weight a bit.I would recommend using each method above, switching every week. Periodizing has been proven to get better results.Remember to give your muscles time to recover, too. If you over work them, your risk for injury is high, and your results will be negated. 24-48 hours recovery time is a good rule to follow. Also, if you run as much as you said, try to do that before the squats. Running when your legs are already fatigued is risky.It’s also good to incorporate some other leg exercises like lunges to keep your muscles guessing. You should also do some dead lifts, or leg curls to train your hamstrings. If you just train your quads, you’ll get a muscular imbalance, which leads to injury.I can’t tell you how long it will take to see results because everyone is different. I can say that if you are disciplined, and dedicated it won’t take that long. I hope that covers everything, and helps. Don’t be afraid to e-Mail me if you want more specific recommendations.
- How many squats with weights should I do?
- Q: How many squats with a barbell should I do to gain a good amount of muscle in my thighs/butt? I don’t want to have a flat stomach at the cost of my legs. I also run one mile everyday or every other day. Will that help build muscle?I’m 5ft tall if that matters
- A: 8-12 reps per set, 3-4 sets per exerciseswith as heavy as weight as possible
- How many squats should I do a day to tighten up my rear end?
- Q: I would REALLY like to add to my butt- I have some weight to lose all over (about 20 pounds) but I need to GAIN in the backside. I have heard that squats are an effective way of helping- how many do I need to be doing per day?
- A: You should do anywhere from 2-3 sets of 12 repetitions, at least 4 times a week…in about 2-3 weeks, you should start to feel tighter!*Also, my favorite fitness expert, Denise Austin has an EXCELLENT, squat routine, to view it, go here:http://www.deniseaustin.com/exercises/butt_squat.asp?butt_tap3&keyword=squats&gcid=S13826x004-Squat
Prev Question: What are the effects of creatine? Good and bad
People also view