How much protein should you eat after a workout
Eat one small serving of protein after a workout. Then give yourself a break for a little while before eating more. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-protein-should-you-eat-after-a-workout ]
More Answers to “How much protein should you eat after a workout“
- How much protein (and examples) should I eat after a workout??
- I’m not sure how much you should have after workouts, but my doctor said that americans are getting TWICE the amount of protein they need per day. He also said that people only need 18 grams- 60 grams of protein per day.
- How much protein should you eat the day after you workout??
- You always want to aid with tissue repair by consuming high quality whey products. You can get a lot of protein from whole foods, but it is helpful to consume a chemical free whey protein.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much protein should you eat the day after you workout?
- Q: I already know about eating before and after you workout; however, my question is: the day after an intense resistance training workout, is it still important to keep a somewhat high protein intake while your muscles recover?
- A: You always want to aid with tissue repair by consuming high quality whey products. You can get a lot of protein from whole foods, but it is helpful to consume a chemical free whey protein.
- How much time before and after a workout do I have to eat protein?
- Q: I heard protein helps muscle building. Question is how much time. I know the sooner after workout that I consume protein the better. But if I consume it the next day, how much help will that give relative to eating it straight away?What about before workout? Would protein during lunch at noon help a 8pm workout?
- A: Eating it the next day will not help much. The optimal time to ingest protein after a workout is within 90 minutes following the workout. Again, the early the better. After working out your muscles are torn and damaged and your body is trying to salvage all the nutrients it can from muscle tissue and fat to rebuild the muscles that were just torn from lifting. You want to ingest all your proteins, carbs and calories immediately after a workout to avoid your body eating away at muscle tissue to repair the damaged tissue. Also, coupling protein and carbs is a much more sufficient as the carbs actually help “bus” the proteins to the body faster. A great way to ingest the protein is from a protein shake because since it is a liquid your body can break it down and deliver it you the needed areas of your body faster.Also remember that its best to consume anywhere from .8 to 1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight every day for maximal results.
- How much protein and what to eat after workout?
- Q: First off I am 15 years old but working out for 2 hours 3 days a week. I get pretty sore afterwards and I know protein helps. Right now I eat a can of chicken after a workout which has 22g’s of protein in it and sometimes have chicken and rice after a workout and that can total to almost 30-40 g’s depending on how much chicken I have with it. I’m also drinking shakes, I did research on it and do not want shakes with artificial perservatives such as sucralose cause they are not good for you. Anything thats good for your muscles but bad for the inner body is a no-no. I think im okay with protein but does protein also help me BUILD muscle too? Thanks for the help.-Bill
- A: Sounds like you are doing things right…I would suggest eating more protien throughout the day. You should try to eat about 1g – 1.5g of protein per LB of body weight. So if you weight 140lbs you should try to eat about 140-150g of protien through the day. I accomplish this myself by eating around 5 small meals a day, instead of 2-3 huge ones. Another thing I do is drink my protein shake right before bed. When you are sleeping for 8 hours your body is basically fasting, which means you are not eating or drinking. This can have bad effects on your muscles because if your body needs a certain nutriant or protien it will take it off your muscles. Putting these in your body right before you go to sleep will give your body the nutrients and protien it needs through the night without taking away from your muscle mass.
Prev Question: What are supposedly the perfect measurements for women
People also view