How to increase my bench press weight
To increase bench press weight, work triceps at least once a week. Add calories to your diet. Don’t overtrain the same muscles. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-to-increase-my-bench-press-weight ]
More Answers to “How to increase my bench press weight“
- How do I increase my bench press weight faster?
- Hey man, yeah i kinda went threw that too. Im 14 and at the begginning of the year i was struggling with 35 plates on each side. now i bench 45’s on each side easily. i didnt even workout much just when i did i went hard and really pushed
- How often should i increase the weight on my bench press??
- If you can do 25 reps in one go with no strain, then you need more weight.
- When to increase weight on bench press?
- Progressive resistance is the key. This means every workout you should try to increase the number of reps, or the weight, or do the same weight and reps with less rest between sets. It really doesn’t matter matter which of these 3 areas y…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to increase bench press weight?
- Q: I want to increase my bench but i never have a spotter around so i don’t bench that much. What should I do?
- A: well, you could build a self-spotting rig. usually you tie ropes to the bar, and then attach them to a ceiling. it may limit your range of movement a little, but it’s better than not being able to get it up, and then drop it on your neck.also, doing dumbell flyes is a good, as well as bench pull-overs. also doing a lighter weight with more reps can help build your strength while being safe.or do the same amount and just lift without a spotter. just be sure not to push too hard. you may end up failing, and get injured. then once you do that set, take a break, drink some water, then do one more rep in a seperate set. good luck, don’t hurt yourself.
- How do I increase my bench press weight faster?
- Q: Im 16 years old, lifting for some months now, and I was wondering how do I increase my weight when lifting faster. Specifically my benching weight, I can do 10 reps of 35 lbs on each side (so thats a total 115) or maybe a little more. what Ive been doing is 10 reps of 35s, attempt 8 reps of 40s (I can probably get down 6-7), then attempt 6 reps of 45s (I can get down 2 from this point only). Because I heard that you should increase weight but less reps. But I want to know is there another more efficiant method.my goal is to bench 45s without much struggle.I work out everyday, and I’ve read that because I am young it wont do damage to your body if you lift everyday. I will probably rest once a week. Well what I am really asking is: generally how do you increase your lifting weight faster.
- A: Hey man, yeah i kinda went threw that too. Im 14 and at the begginning of the year i was struggling with 35 plates on each side. now i bench 45’s on each side easily. i didnt even workout much just when i did i went hard and really pushed
- Need helpful tips to work out and Increase bench press weight.?
- Q: Alright, I am 23 years old, 5’11, and 182 lbs. I had back surgery when I was 13, so it is hard for me to do ab workouts as they usually stress out my back. I recently started a gym membership and have been going a lot lately and improving but would like some helpful tips to further progress. Right now I am currently bench pressing 125-135lbsI would like to do more, however the weight is tough at times but after I don’t feel like the bench pressing is doing much for my chest. Perhaps I am putting up the weight wrong?Also, do you recommend that I workout everything every time since I am a beginner or should I isolate throughout the various workouts in the week?My triceps are also pretty sad looking, what is a surefire exercise to increase muscle there?I would also like to know if anyone has some simple tips on eating various meals, right now I have been drinking some shakes, eating tunafish sandwiches, pb&j’s, and regular dinners with chicken and pasta.Any and all information, guidance, and constructive criticism is appreciated thank you.
- A: To build any type of strength or mass with the bench press, you have to do low reps. Bench pressing is a compound exercise, which means it works more than one muscle group at a time, and those exercises are designed for low reps, the same as the squat. Try to find a weight you can bench 3-6 times for optimal results. Don’t work every body part every work out. That will tire you out beyond belief, and then you’ll be discouraged to continue your routine. Also, you won’t achieve optimal results that way.For your triceps, benches also increase them. A solid exercises is doing dips. Get two benches one behind you for your hands, and the other in front of you for your feet. Place some weight plates in your lap for even more resistance, and do the dips. Eat egg whites. Very low in fat if it’s just the whites, and very high in protein. Beans are also a good choice.
Prev Question: What do you have to do to get back into shape
People also view