What is a dumbbell preacher curl
To perform a dumbbell preacher curl : Grasp dumbbell and sit on preacher bench. With arm bent and palm facing shoulder, place back of arm down on pad.Lower dumbbell until arm is fully extended. Raise dumbbell until forearm is vertical. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-dumbbell-preacher-curl ]
More Answers to “What is a dumbbell preacher curl“
- How to Do a Single Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
- ･ 1 Find the preacher bench in the gym and adjust the seat height so that it is at a comfortable lever… ･ 2 Grasp a dumbbell that you can handle for at least 8 repetitions. You will most likely want to use a… ･ 3 Place the arm that is h…
- Is using a preacher curl for by bi-ceps better than just lifting …?
- You’ve more or less figured it out. The preacher curl isolates the long head of your biceps (that part that makes most of the peak) more than a regular standing curl. Neither one is ‘better’; the best results come from variety, making your …
- How to do dumbbell regular 21 curls to preacher curls?
- Do dumbbell regular 21 curls to preacher curls |･ Learn how to do dumbbell regular 21 curls to preacher curls. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life. Benefits Bicep curls shouldn’t always go from hip to shoulder; using half …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- one arm dumbbell preacher curl.!!SHOTR biceps!!?
- Q: My biceps r really short, there is a huge gap between my forearms and my biceps head/starting. My gym trainer told me not to do cencentrate curls(cause it may shorten my biceps more). But dumbbell preacher curl are preety much same as concentration curls. So should i stop dong dumbbell preacher curl??or is it same as normal preacher curl?
- A: Make sure you always go through the full range of motion. Be sure to always bring the barbell/dumbell all the way down.
- is using a preacher curl for by bi-ceps better than just lifting a dumbbell?
- Q: yeah i have a preacher curl at the end of my bench press.the one where i put my arms over a angled pad and lift a bar with weights on it.is it better than lifting dumbbells?i only got the stuff like 2 weeks ago and never used it(preacher curl)just used the dumbbells but i used it today and my bi and tri ceps hurt alot more after.when i say hurt i mean my muscles got a good work out.i couldn’t lift as many times using the preacher curl.but i was alot easier than just lifting dumbbells.so what will be better?i felt the preacher curl concentrated on the muscle more but i dont no much about lifting weights so advice is very welcome thanks
- A: You’ve more or less figured it out. The preacher curl isolates the long head of your biceps (that part that makes most of the peak) more than a regular standing curl. Neither one is ‘better’; the best results come from variety, making your body adapt to new stress. Both exercises will work the biceps well, so switch it up every now and then.
- Why do I have trouble with the Preacher curl station?
- Q: When I am doing my bicep exercises I can do bicep curls with dumbbells with no problem, as well as the bicep curl machine.When I try the Preacher curl station (with the same weight) I cannot seem to do it?Any ideas or suggestions?
- A: Stand up/lean over to get the first rep started, then don’t go 100% all the way back down…in other words cheat a little bit…or else lower the weight…duhp.s. the best bicep exercise is standing curls with an olympic bar bell…most serious lifters agree
Prev Question: What should a 14 year old girl that 5’6 ”weigh
People also view