What is good about running
Running can lead to stronger bones, strengthen your cardiovascular system, strengthen your balance, improve your posture and shrink your waistline. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-good-about-running ]
More Answers to “What is good about running“
- What is a good inspirational quote for running
- An inspirational quote: Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because yo…
- What is a “good” time in running a mile?
- I’m 65, and I run 5 mile trails in the hills about five times a week. My goal is to run 1,000 miles a year. For the past five years I have averaged about 1,100 miles a year. I run for the exercise and the benefits daily distance running pro…
- Is running is good for me?
- i’m trying to lose wieght. i just started running atleast 30min 6 times a week.well actually i dont run i more jog. you see i dont know what to do because the only reason i started running is to lose wieght. I am loseing wieght but i am als…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some good books about running?
- Q: I’m currently reading, “Once A Runner”, and I love it. Does anyone know any other good books about running?Thanks in advance.
- A: Marathon Training 4 Months to A 4 Hour Marathon, by Dave Kuehls Advanced Marathoning, by Pete Pfitzinger, Scott Douglas How to Train for and Run Your Best Marathon, by Gordon Bakoulis Bloch Making the Marathon Your Event, by Richard Benyo Marathon : The Ultimate Training Guide, by Hal Higdon Run Your First Marathon: Everything You Need to Know to Reach the Finish Line, by Grete Waitz (Author), Gloria Averbuch (Author) The Essential Marathoner : A Concise Guide to the Race of Your Life, by John Hanc, Grete Waitz The Non-Runner’s Marathon Trainer, by David A. Whitsett, Tanjala Jo Kole, Tanjalavo Kole, Forrest A. Dolgener General Training Better Training for Distance Runners, by David E. Martin, Peter N. Coe Galloway’s Book on Running, by Jeff Galloway Hal Higdon’s Smart Running : Expert Advice on Training, Motivation, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, and Good Health for Runners of Any Age and Ability, by Hal Higdon Healthy Runner’s Handbook, by Lyle J. Micheli, Mark D. Jenkins (Contributor) Heart Monitor Training for the Compleat Idiot, by John L. Parker Lore of Running, by Timothy Noakes Running Dialogue, by David Holt Running With the Legends: With the Training and Racing Insights from 21 Great Runners, by Michael Sandrock Stretching : 20th Anniversary (Stretching, 20th Ed, by Bob Anderson, Jean Anderson (Illustrator) Successful Running : The Medical and Biological Background to Improved Performance, by B. Petracic, F. J. Rottgermann, K. Ch. Traenckner, Paul Radcliffe The Competitive Runner’s Handbook : The Bestselling Guide to Running 5Ks Through Marathons, by Bob Glover, Shelly-Lynn Florence Glover The Complete Book of Running for Women : Everything You Need to Know About Training, Nutrition, Injury Prevention, Motivation, Racing and Much, Much More, by Claire Kowalchik (Introduction) The Courage to Start : A Guide to Running for Your Life, by John “The Penguin” Bingham The Runner’s Handbook : The Best-Selling Classic Fitness Guide for Beginner and Intermediate Runners, by Bob Glover, Jack Shepherd (Contributor), Shelly-Lynn Florence Glover (Contributor) The Whartons’ Stretch Book : Featuring the Breakthrough Method of Active-Isolated Stretching, by Jim Wharton, Phil Wharton, Bev Browning (Contributor) Ultimate Sports Nutrition, by Ellen Coleman, Suzanne Nelson Steen Training Logs The Runner’s Training Diary : For Fitness Runners and Competitive Racers, by Bob Glover, Shelly-Lynn Florence Glover (Contributor) The Runner’s Training Diary for Dummies (For Dummies), by Allen St. John, Allen St John Literature/Humor First Marathons, by Gail Waesche Kislevitz (Editor) I Run, Therefore I Am – Nuts, by Bob Schwartz In The Long Run, by Tim Van Wagoner Marathon, My Marathon : A Novel, by Jon Foyt, Lois Foyt Running in Literature, by Roger Robinson See Mom Run, by Kara Douglass Thom, Lilly Golden The Olympian, by Brian Glanville The Quotable Marathoner, by Edited by Charles Lyons The Quotable Runner : Great Moments of Wisdom, Inspiration, Wrongheadedness, and Humor, by Mark Will-Weber (Editor) The Runner and the Path, by Dean Ottati The Spirit of the Marathon, by Gail Waesche Kislevitz (Editor) Women Runners, by Irene Reti (Editor), Bettianne Shoney Sien (Editor) History 26 Miles to Boston: The Boston Marathon Experience from Hopkinton to Copley Square, by Michael Connelly (Author), John Kelly (Foreword), Bill Rodgers (Foreword), Uta Pippig (Foreword) A Race Like No Other: 26.2 Miles Through the Streets of New York, by Liz Robbins (Author) Anything For A T-shirt: Fred Lebow And The New York City Marathon, The World’s Greatest Footrace, by Ron Rubin (Author), William A. Burke (Foreword) Boston Marathon: The First Century of the World’s Premier Running Event, by Tom Derderian, Joan Benoit Samuelson, Bill Rodgers Duel in the Sun: Alberto Salazar, Dick Beardsley, and America’s Greatest Marathon, by John Brant (Author) Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women’s Sports, by Kathrine Switzer (Author) Olympic Marathon, by Charles C. Lovett Run for Your Life, by Judd Ehrlich (Director) Staying the Course: A Runner’s Toughest Race, by Dick Beardsley (Author), Maureen Anderson (Author) The Marine Corps Marathon: A Running Tradition, by George Banker (Author), Jeff Galloway (Foreword) The Olympic Marathon, by David E. Martin, Roger W. H. Gynn Tom Longboat, by Bruce Kidd (Author) Biography Determined to Win: The Overcoming Spirit of Jean Driscoll, by Jean Driscoll (Author) Ellison “Tarzan” Brown: The Narragansett Indian Who Twice Won the Boston Marathon, by Michael Ward (Author), John J. Kelley (Foreword) My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon, by Bart Yasso (Author), Kathleen Parrish (Author), Amby Burfoot (Foreword) The Last Pick: The Boston Marathon Race Director’s Road to Success, by David J. McGillivray (Author), Linda Gla
- What is a good resource for advice/information about starting and running your own business?
- Q: Information and advice about starting up and running a small business – electrician.Website? Government publications? Other?
- A: Use this basic checklist to make sure all the important steps are taken before you launch your new venture. This business checklist will make sure that you cross all your t’s and dot all your i’s before your business launch. Steps to Starting a Business -http://www.developer-resource.com/starting-a-business.htmOther sites you might find helpful are: SBA – http://www.sba.gov/SCORE – http://www.score.orgSmall Business Resource – http://www.small-business-software.netBusiness Link – http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/homeGoodluck!
- What’s a good title for my essay about running the marathon?
- Q: I’m writing an essay about the physical and mental benefits of running the marathon. I need a title that will catch the reader’s interest right away. Got any ideas?
- A: One Mile More: Running toward a healthy goal
Prev Question: How many sit ups does it take to burn 1 calorie
People also view