What is physical fitness
Physical fitness means to be in good physical condition; being in shape or in condition.Aspects of physical fitness include cardiorespiratory endurance, skeletal muscular endurance, speed, flexibility, agility, balance and reaction time.ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-physical-fitness ]
More Answers to “What is physical fitness“
- Physical fitness is defined as being in good shape & physical condition. It is also defined as handling the average workout in an ideal amount of time. For example, if your are running and do not run out of breath easily; this means tha…
- Physical fitness is defined as a state characterized by an ability to perform daily activities with vigor, as well as the demonstration of traits and capacities associated with low risk of premature development of the hypokinetic diseases, …
- Physical fitness is defined as the state or condition of being physically sound and healthy, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition . It is, thus, a state of general well being, marked by physical health as well as mental…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do you have to take the physical fitness test before or during the Philadelphia police academy?
- Q: I took the philadelphia police test, and wanted to know do you take the physical fitness test before the academy or during the philadelphia police academy? Also what would they do if you are underweight?
- A: Any agency that will potentially hire you will mandate you pass a physical agility test. They will also send you in for a comprehensive physical exam. Reason? Because for you to be covered by the local pension plan, you can not have any existing pre-employment defect that would prevent you from preforming your duties and put them in a position of liability.As for underweight. You need to carb up as much as possible. Lots of fruits, pasta, rice and moderate exercise.Maybe also see your doctor and express your concerns about your weight and see if they can recommend diet supplements that are safe and effective for your needs.
- What is the relation between your physical fitness and how you manage stress?
- Q: How does your physical fitness level determine how well you manage stress?Preferably in detail with links to support.
- A: The two go hand in hand.Your body will effectively suffer for your mental stress, as when you stress you release cortisone, which depletes muscle and fitness gains.However, fitter people are usually calmer (not always) and have better circulation, allowing them to process the stress and its physical effects.
- What to do the night before a physical fitness test the next morning?
- Q: I have a PT Physical Fitness test tomorrow morning for a job, it includes the following: 1.5 Mile run, Maximum Push-ups, Timed 1-minute situps, the sit and reach, the vertical jump. Does anyone have any advice for what to do the night before? Please advise.
- A: just relax. Eat a good healthy meal. Get at least 8 hours of rest. In the morning eat some oatmeal, plain, that way you can get some carbs into your body. Don’t drink milk otherwise it can curdle and you will get sick.
Prev Question: How can you tell how many calories your body burns
People also view