What is plie squat
The Plie Squat involves a variation on foot placement that helps target your leg muscles in different ways. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-plie-squat ]
More Answers to “What is plie squat“
- How to Do Plie Squats
- ･ 1 Stand with your feet wider than your hips with your toes pointed out at 45 degree angles. ･ 2 With your hands in front of your body, hold a dumbbell with both hands and let it hang in front of… ･ 3 Slowly squat down keeping your thigh…
- How to do Plie Squat Exercises
- ･ 1 Stand with your feet in a wide stance and point your toes outward; your knees should be in line with… ･ 2 Place your hands on your waist or rest them down at your sides. For extra impact, hold barbells. If… ･ 3 Squat downward, slowl…
- How to Perform a Plie Squat
- ･ 1 Choose a set of dumbbells that are a comfortable weight. Place them in each hand on the upper thighs. ･ 2 Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips. Your toes and knees should be turned out in a comfortable… ･ 3 Bend your kne…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the difference between a plie and a squat?
- Q: Is it just that I point my toes out when I’m doing a plie? (plee-ay?)Should I feel them deifferently? If so, in what ways?
- A: Actually I do. My extensive experience which has led me to call myself a renaissance man reveals what I learned in my mother’s Ballet school as a young man.The Plie pronounced plee-ay; is a bending of the knees while the feet are in the second position, the arms are partially extended in a diagonal direction and as the descent progresses, the arms come up, the wrists and hands straighten and at the bottom of the movement the hands and arms are parallel to the floor and the thighs are also parallel to the floor. Then the body returns to the original position.A Squat is a tumbling maneuver where the knees are bent to the point that the calves touch the thighs and the hands may be in any position.
- i heard plie squats are great for toning inner thighs, is that true?
- Q: of course in addition to cardio etc. what are the best exercises for inner thighs?
- A: Yes thats true, also try narrow stance (feet close together) leg presses.
- are plie squats better with a wide-stance or close one?
- Q: i want to do whichever will work the muscles harder.
- A: wide
Prev Question: What is the best exercise to tone your arms
People also view