What is the cure for migrane headaches
It is good to drink a caffeinated beverage during a migraine attack. Caffeine helps by opening up the constricted blood vessels. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-cure-for-migrane-headaches ]
More Answers to “What is the cure for migrane headaches“
- How do you cure a migrane headache without medicine??
- Was the acupuncture thing you found that pressure point between your thumb and the rest of your hand? That one usually works for me for tension headaches, but in order for it to really get rid of the headache, you have to keep the pressure…
- Can migrane b cure.[an extreme point of headache]??
- There’s no cure for cluster headaches. The goal of treatment is to help decrease the severity of pain and shorten the headache period. Acute medication The purpose of acute treatment is to stop or reduce pain after a cluster headache starts…
- Is there a cure for migraine headaches?
- Who cares about headaches go live your life
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you cure a migrane headache without medicine?
- Q: I have been getting headaches from this new medicine that I have been taking… Even if I’m not on the medicine I get really really bad headaches. They are mostly pressure headaches. Every time I get them, I don’t have any access to medicine. And, it’s driving me insane! I can’t sleep off the pain either. I also found this acupuncture thing online that only worked for a few minutes…….
- A: Was the acupuncture thing you found that pressure point between your thumb and the rest of your hand? That one usually works for me for tension headaches, but in order for it to really get rid of the headache, you have to keep the pressure on the spot for a good long while — and it hurts like hell! I usually have my husband do it for me, because I’m too much of a wuss to keep the pressure on that spot long enough for it to be really effective.Aromatherapy helps for me as well sometimes. Lavender’s a good oil, but if you have any basil or chamomile EO, it’s even better mixed together with those, IMO. Chamomile tea can help a lot too, although it can make you very sleepy.Also, if part of what’s causing the headache is tension in those nasty cable-like muscles in the back of your neck, putting some ice on them can help a lot. I often find that the combination of an ice pack, some aromatherapy, and 800 milligrams of ibuprofen usually does the trick for me for tension headaches. You could try that combo without the ibuprofen, and see if it helps.
- What causes migrane headaches and what is the best cure?
- A: Migraine is a neurological disease caused by genetics and overactive neurons in the brain. Migraineurs are sensitive to triggers — things such as certain foods, poor sleep, fragrances and odors, sustained loud noise, barometric pressure change, and others. When those triggers are encountered, the overactive neurons fire in a wave across the brain starting a chain reaction that throws off the balance of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, causes dilation of blood vessels, and results in inflammation of the nerves and tissue surrounding those blood vessels.There’s no cure for the disease, but there are treatments for the Migraine attacks. Since people’s bodies respond differently, there’s no one “best” treatment. The treatment that’s used most frequently and successfully at this time is the class of drugs called triptans. There are seven triptans — Imitrex, Maxalt, Zomig, Amerge, Relpax, Frova, and Axert.Some people can stop a Migraine by sleeping. Some milder Migraines can be handled with OTC meds such as Excedrin or with a caffeinated drink and a cold pack.If you think you’re having Migraines, but haven’t been diagnosed yet, please see your doctor. He or she will rule out other conditions that can mimic Migraine and help you find the medication that works best for you.Good luck!
- is there a cure for migrane headache?
- A: They do have prescription medicines out there that will help you more than an otc drug…but I find the best way to get rid of my migraines is to:Go in a room alone and turn off all of the lights. Block out sun from windows if you can.Place a cool rag over my forehead and eyes.Play a quiet cd of ocean sounds or just sit in silence.Relax and stay still.It usually improves my migraine a great deal.
Prev Question: What causes running cramps
People also view