What kind of Stomach exercises can I do
Abdominal crunches are the best: there are many different variations, and help you tone your core. Lie on your back with hands behind head, supporting neck, and push your head to the ceiling; lie on your side and push your ear toward the ceiling. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-kind-of-stomach-exercises-can-i-do ]
More Answers to “What kind of Stomach exercises can I do“
- What Kind of Stomach Exercises Lose Fat?
- jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are your problem areas, they will be very diffic…
- What kind of stomach exercises should I do?
- leg raises, you lay flat on your back sit on your hands and lift your legs to a 45 degree angle then lower reapeat, this will work your lower abs, you can so as many reps as you want, then follow-up with regular crunches, that will work you…
- How to tighten and reduce my stomach. What kind of exercises can …?
- hi, pelvic floor muscle exercise or kegels,while you are urinating,try and hold the stream of urine.this will familiarise you with the right muscles . then anytime of the day sitting standing or lying down,slowly tighten those muscles and a…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What Kind of Stomach Exercises Lose Fat?
- Q: I’m not fat but getting chubby. I want to know what kind of stomach/abdomen exercises can I do at home at will make me losefat in that area? Thank you.
- A: jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weightevenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight inspecific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they areyour problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will haveto work double on them. The best approach is this:1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normalweight, lower for overweight).2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.3. Target your problem areas with exercises.an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on astool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make surethat it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or youwill damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of yourbody back, until it’s parallel with the ground. Stop for a second andmove it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week addto the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat – if you have any – sixpack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than thesecrunches – I came up to three hundreds and there was no results ATALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
- What kind of stomach exercises or?
- Q: what is a good training program someone can apply for home use to work on the stomach area? And how long do you think it will be to see results?
- A: First and foremost, stay away from any ab machine as they are simply a waste of money and barely effective.For the upper abs, focus on crunches which effectively work the abdominals better than sit-ups or any machine on the market.For the lower abs, keep in mind there is very little muscle tissue there so decreasing levels of body fat is the most effective way to bring out the best in this area. Hanging leg raises, v-situps and reverse curls are among some of the best exercise for this region. Always make sure your pelvis curls up to maximize lower abdominal contraction during these exercises.As far as fat loss and getting ripped goes, cardio, cardio, cardio. In the morning, on an empty stomach at about 70-80% of your maximum heart rate for about 30-45 minutes. This combined with a common sense diet will quickly shed body fat so you can actually see those abs you’ve developed. I would encourage you to seek the advice and guidance of a personal trainer in your area for further education on these principles. Please ensure you start off at a very basic level for crunches and cardio if you are a beginner.You should see results within 8-12 weeks if you work at it on a consistent basis.Here’s some links to help you out.Abdominal Exerciseshttp://www.preventdisease.com/fitness/Strength_Exercises_abdominals.html
- What kind of exercises would help the stomach, arms, and the thighs?
- Q: I have thick thighs,arms, and stomach. I’m not FAT but i’d like to burn off all the access fat on me before summer!
- A: Running, swimming and rowing are excellent cardio workouts for toning and firming the entire body.Some specific target exercise examples:ABSBEGINNER ab routine phase 1:Crunch x20Hip roll x20Plank for 30-60 secondsRest and repeat for 3 circuits or just keep rotating through!For hip roles you lie on the ground pushing down with your hands and raise your pelvis off the floor so the tail bone comes right up and squeeze the abs!MODERATE ab routine layout:Leg raise/hip roll x20Incline sit-ups x20Russian twists x20 or 40 if you count both sides!This ab routine will all be done on the decline bench.Step 1: Put your head where your feet should beStep 2: grab the bench or the footholds; whichever is more comfortable (not that it will matter in a few minutes)!Step 3: Stretch out and do a straight-legged leg raises.Step 4: once at the top of the leg raise turn it into a hip roll so that you point your feet at the ceiling. Hold for a three count and go back down!Second ab routine exercise: Incline sit-ups: Step 1: put your feet in the foot holds (you’ve turned around!)Step 2: Lower yourself until you’re about a foot short of lying fully backStep 3: Come back up if you’re still with me!Third ab routine exercise: Incline Russian twists (even sounds evil doesn’t it?)Step 1: don’t move out of the sit up position. Just grab a medicine ball or a 10- pound weight.Step 2: straighten fully your arms right to your front and lower yourself to the bottom position of the incline sit up and hold it.Step 3: Rotate to the right 90 degrees with your arms straight and then back to the left at 90 degrees. That’s one rep. You don’t come out of the bottom at all.No rest between ab exercises, and only 30-60 seconds rest after completing the tri-set.LEGS / BUTTFour Simple Slim-Down Moves1. Doorknob SquatsTargets: butt, quads, hamstringsSet a timer to 100 seconds. Stand facing the narrow edge of an open door, with your legs hip-distance apart and a footstool directly behind you. Holding your arms straight, grip one doorknob in each hand. To a slow count of 10, lower your body until it touches the stool (but don’t sit down!). Pause, then raise yourself to a standing position to another slow count of 10. Repeat until the time is up.2. Side-Lying Leg LiftsTargets: butt, outer thighsSet a timer to 100 seconds. Lie on your right side, with your legs straight and your head propped up in your right hand. Bend your right leg at the knee and place your left hand on the floor in front of you for support. To a slow count of 10, lift your left leg 80 degrees off the floor. Pause and squeeze your hip and butt muscles before lowering to another slow count of 10. Repeat until the time is up, then switch sides for another 100 seconds.3. Single-Leg CurlsTargets: hamstrings, calvesSet a timer to 100 seconds. Secure a one-pound weight on one ankle, then stand with your feet together. Keep your arms straight and lean forward, placing both hands on a footstool 12 inches in front of you. To a slow count of 10, bend your weighted leg, raising your ankle to your butt. Pause, squeeze your hamstring and lower your leg. Repeat until the time is up, then switch sides.4. Heel RaisesTarget: calvesSet a timer to 100 seconds. Stand facing a wall, with your feet parallel and hip-distance apart. Place a rolled-up towel under the balls of your feet, then lock your arms and place the palms of your hands on the wall for support. To a slow count of 10, raise your heels off the floor so you are standing on your toes on the towel. Pause and squeeze the muscles in your calves, then lower to another slow count of 10. Repeat until the time is up.ARMSLying Barbell Extensions – This exercise works the triceps, particularly the large inner head of the tricep muscle. Lie back on a flat bench. Feet shoulder width apart on each side of the bench. Have a training partner hand you a barbell. Grip it with your hands place a bit narrower then shoulder width. Press the barbell up until it is at arms length above your shoulders.Tricep Dumbbell Extensions – This exercise works the triceps, particularly the long inner head of the triceps. Grab a light dumbbell with one hand. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Lift the dumbbell so that it is at arms length straight above you shoulder. Keep a slight bend in your knees to take pressure off the lower back.Slowly lower the dumbbell in an arc motion behind your head until your elbow is at a 90-degree angle. Slowly lift the dumbbell in an arc motion back to the starting position. Repeat for the desired number of reps. Do the same for the other arm.Tricep Push Downs – This exercise targets the triceps, particularly the outer head of the triceps. Attach a bar to an overhead pulley. Stand in front of the pulley with your feet shoulder width apart. Grab the bar with a narrow overhand grip. Bend your arms fully and tuck your elbows close to your sides at all times during the exercise.Moving just your forearms push the bar down in an arc motion until your arms are straight. Hold this position and squeeze your triceps for a second to maximize the peak contraction. Slowly lower to the starting position. Repeat.CARDIO26 minute interval training on cycle or treadmil5 Minutes: RPE 3-4: Warm Up2 minutes: RPE of 5: Increase speed and/or incline from warm-up to slightly higher than comfortable pace2 minutes: RPE from 5-6: Increase the incline 1% every 15 seconds2 minutes: RPE from 6-5: Decrease incline 1% every 15 seconds1 minute: RPE: 8 Increase speed to fast walk or run2 minutes: RPE: 5 Decrease speed to recover back to a medium intensity2 minutes: RPE: 5-7: Increase incline 1% every 15 seconds2 minutes: RPE 7-5: Decrease incline 1% every 15 seconds1 minute: RPE 8: Increase incline to 5-10%, work as hard as you can (don’t kill yourself!)2 minutes: RPE 5: Decrease incline to 0% to recover back to medium intensity5 minutes: RPE 3: Cool down by walking at a comfortable paceSUPPLEMENTGarcina Pill – might want to include a supplement with a low-claorie diet.Garcinia cambogia is a small fruit that resembles a miniature pumpkin. It is indigenous to India and parts of Asia, and an extract from its fruit and rind is popular in many natural weight loss products. The extract is hydroxycitric acid (HCA).The theory behind garcinia cambogia is that HCA inhibits an enzyme called citrate lyase that helps turns excess carbohydrates into fat. By inhibiting this enzyme, it is believed the body instead boosts carbohydrate oxidation, or simply put, burns the extra carbs.
Prev Question: Can you define muscular endurance
People also view