What percentage of americans are vegetarians
About 7% of adult Americans consider themselves to be vegetarian. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-percentage-of-americans-are-vegetarians ]
More Answers to “What percentage of americans are vegetarians“
- What percentage of Americans are vegetarians?
- A Time/CNN poll taken in 2002 found 4% of American adults consider themselves vegetarians , and of this group, 5% consider themselves vegans. (There is a difference between vegans and vegetarians) Xo, Smartiiz.
- What percent of Americans are vegetarians?
- Polls find that 2.8% of Americans are vegetarian as of 2004
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What percentage of Americans are vegetarians? Vegans?
- A: so vegans are a “cooky fringe group with serious attention issues” – I think not; have a look at some figures below.——————————————————–The World’s population is 6,602,224,175 – (July 2007 est. by CIA)15% live in India; of those 1,129,866,154 people approx 30% follow a vegetarian diet (85% of Indians are Hindi) – that’s 338,000,000 vegetarians in just one country.Estimates in Australia, UK, USA etc vary between 10 & 15% of the population following a vegetarian diet.So if just 10% of the world’s population follow a vegetarian diet, that equates to 660,222,417 vegetarians.And if just 5% of those are vegan, that equates to 33,011,120 vegans living on Earth.Juggle the percentages as much as you like, but the fact remains that there are millions of vegans on Earth. And those figures pretty much negate any argument about the need to eat meat for human survival.It also proves that meat consumption is by choice, not necessity!Currently 30% of all land (arable or not) is given over to agricultural use (see United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation 2006 report “Livestock’s Long Shadow”) News Article – http://www.fao.org/newsroom/en/news/2006/1000448/index.htmlFull report – http://www.virtualcentre.org/en/library/key_pub/longshad/A0701E00.htm The result is that a meat based diet consumes approx 12 times the global land, water and food resources than a vegetarian based diet does. So, with all the environmental damage being caused, and millions of people starving, how can meat consumption be justified by any rational person?
Prev Question: How do bodybuilders lose fat
People also view