Which is better for you walking or running
Walking & running are both great! Walkers have less incidence of cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other killer diseases. They live longer and get mental health and spiritual benefits. Find out about the many health benefits of walking. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/which-is-better-for-you-walking-or-running ]
More Answers to “Which is better for you walking or running“
- Is walking as good as running?
- I do something similar walking on the treadmill. I start out warming up to get my heart rate up to 85% of max (I use the grips on the treadmill periodically to measure my HR) for my age. I then increase the incline to 12% and walk uphill to…
- Is walking better than running?
- Running is more efficient that walking because you produce more muscle than simply walking. Running causes a reduction the lactose level in your muscles, which causes your muscles to become sore afterwards. This is the only downside to runn…
- What is better running or walking?
- If you want to lose weight, running is the way to go. You burn many, many more calories running. Make sure that you stretch before your run though, you don’t want to get injured by not being prepared. Running burns calories at twice the spe…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which is better Walking with weights or Running?
- Q: I’ve been trying to lose weight for the past year, see my boyfriend eats like 6 times a day and he is just as skinny as ever and he got me on his eating pattern. I have finally gotten off of it and now just eat my three meals a day with light snacks. But my question is I want to start running like I use to but I don’t know if running is better than walking with weights. Please can someone help me figure this out. I need to shed some weight and I know I can if I just work on it. I just don’t want to be running if walking with weights is better and vise versa. Thanks.~ChrissyPS….. When is it better to work out in the morning, mid afternoon, or evening?
- A: There is no real right answer to this question. Depending upon the person, walking or running can be the better exercise.The basic principle is to increase your heart rate into your target heart rate area, and sustain that heart rate for 20 to 60 minutes. (Refer to the website below to get an approzimate heart rate for you.) By doing so, you will maximize caloric burn, thus losing weight.As far as the pros and cons of each:Walking with weights is easier by far on the body’s joints, and will stregthen the muscle groups used in carrying the weights (Either the shoulders and back if your carry the weights or the legs and hips if they are tied on your ankles.) However, it will take longer to get into your body’s target heart rate.Running will speed your body into its target rate, but really is murder on your ankles, knees, and lower back. So, the choice is really up to you.One other note. The best way to increase metabolism really is to consume six small meals a day. Your boyfriend has the right idea. However, those meals should be small, and the total diet should consist of about 30-35% protein calories, which is tougher for the body to break down. (In other words, it takes more effort from the body to break down protein than fat or carbs, thus keeping the body in “metabolize mode” longer.)
- Which is better for toning your legs and tummy, walking or running?
- Q: I’ve read several fitness articles that say walking is better for toning, and running is better for building up leg muscles…is that really true?I usually run around 1/2 an hour a day, and on average I walk over an hour a day, I was just wondering which one is better for toning.
- A: I prefer running for both. I don’t know why… I never feel like walking achieves much. Running is great as a cardiovascular for burning body fat. But which ever one you do it is better than sitting on the couch! ;D
- Which do you find works better for you, running or walking?
- Q: My boyfriend and I both recently joined a gym. I’ve been trying to help give him tips on how to eat better and exercise, but it’s hard to get him to understand some things. I am pretty sure walking will help you lose weight if you do it for at least 30 minutes(although he doesn’t need to lose weight, he could gain a few pounds, but he wants to become more fit). He doesn’t think walking does much good. He thinks the only way to see results is to run. Which is better? Why?
- A: Did you know…. If you go for a walk seven days a week, you will burn more calories than going for a run six days a week. (Technically, a runner will get an extra benefit because his metabolism will continue to operate more quickly after running… but there is another piece of information that trumps that.)Go to this website it’s awsum….http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_60/92_fitness_tip.html
Prev Question: What is the average height of a 15 year old guy
People also view