Did Elvis Presley die of an overdose
A:The official coroner’s report lists “cardiac arrhythmia” as the cause of Presley’s death but later was discovered caused by drugs. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/did-elvis-presley-die-of-an-overdose ]
More Answers to “Did Elvis Presley die of an overdose“
- Did Elvis Presley die of an overdose
- The official coroner’s report lists “cardiac arrhythmia” as the cause of Presley’s death but later was discovered caused by drugs.
- What drug did Elvis Presley overdose on?
- Elvis Presley had several drugs in his system at the time of his death , while his death still remains a mystery as the actual cause of death , he was prescribed Codeine which was something he was allergic to. He was very sick the last few …
- Did Elvis Presley die of a drug overdose?
- Yes I think he did in a bathroom stall he past out and died. 😛 The investigation revealed an excessive amount of prescription drugs given by his doctor but he did not die of an overdose of illegal drugs . The “uppers” and “d…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How did Elvis Presley die?
- Q: Me and my Cousin where sitting on the computer and we were listening to to the walking in Memphis and my cousin Nadja and she was like “How did Elvis die?” and i was like “I think of a drug overdose..” and was just wondering if he did die of a drug overdose
- A: It is now known fact the Elvis died as a result of drug addiction by self medicating on prescription drugs and very bad eating habits.Elvis Presley died on 16 August 1977 at his home Graceland in Memphis. His body was found by is girlfriend, Ginger Alden in Elvis body in the bathroom and summoned Joe Esposito & Al Strada and Dr Nichopoulos. All efforts to revive Elvis were futile. Elvis had probably been dead for many hours by the time his body was found. Elvis had not gone to bed at his customary time, between six and seven am. At about 2.30pm the Memphis Fire Department rescue unit arrive at Graceland who rush seven mile to the Baptist Memorial Hospital. Elvis was pronounced “dead on arrival” after an 30 minute attempted cardiopulmonary resuscitation. He was pronounced clinically dead at on the steps of the Baptist Hospital, Memphis. Elvis Aaron Presley was pronounced dead at 3.30pm on the 16 August 1977 by his physician, Dr. George Nichopoulos.Another source says:Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977 in the bathroom of his Graceland mansion in Memphis, Tennessee. He was 42. He had been on the toilet, but fallen off onto the floor, where he lay in a pool of his own vomit. Panicked, his staff contacted an ambulance, which rushed him to nearby Baptist Memorial Hospital, where, after several attempts to revive him, he died at 3:30 pm CST. His autopsy was performed at 7:00 pm.The official coroner’s report lists “cardiac arrhythmia” as the cause of Presley’s death, but this was later admitted to be a ruse entered into by the Presley family along with autopsy physicians Dr. Jerry T. Francisco, Dr. Eric Muirhead and Dr. Noel Florredo to cover up the real cause of death, a cocktail of ten prescribed drugs, taken in doses no doctor would prescribe:The painkillers Morphine and Demerol.Chloropheniramine, an antihistamine.The tranquilizers Placidyl and Vailum.Finally, four drugs were found in “significant” quantities: Codeine, an opiate, Ethinamate, largely prescribed at the time as a “sleeping pill,” Quaaludes, and a barbituate, or depressant, that has never been identified. It has also been rumored that Diazepam, Amytal, Nembutal, Carbrital, Sinutab, Elavil, Avental, and Valmid were found in his system at death.The phrase “cardiac arrhythmia,” in the context of the coroner’s report, means little more than a stopped heart; the report initially tried to attribute the arrhythmia to cardiovascular disease, but Elvis’ own personal physician has stated that Presley had no such chronic problems at the time. Most of Elvis’ many health problems can and have been traced back to rampant abuse of prescription drugs. Elvis had visited his dentist on August 15th to have a temporary crown put in; it has also been suggested that the codeine the dentist gave him that day resulted in an anaphylactic shock that assisted in his death. (He had suffered allergic reactions to the drug previously.)
- Why did Michael Jackson say that he was going to dies like Elvis Presley?
- Q: He told Lisa Marie Presley that he was going to die like Elvis… who was one of the most sudden and tragic death. And he too died by a drug overdose.
- A: When Michael Jackson married Lisa Marie Presley in 1994 or around that time, he was heavily addicted to painkillers, Lisa Marie was the one who suggested he pay off the lawsuit for child molestation and concentrate on going into rehab to get over his addiction. He did both, I’m assuming it was during this time that he said he thought he would die like Elvis. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3314825/
- Why are people still addicted to the image of Elvis Presley?
- Q: It has almost been 30 years since Elvis died and the other day there was a “pilgrimage” to Colingwood. His movies are on TV, people talk about him and so on…The other day they put together a hologram to personify his image on American Idol…Why is it? And also, did he actually die from an overdose?
- A: He died on the toilet from what is called a VASO VAGAL SYNCOPY. Which means his heart gave out under tremendous strain. Not very dignified for a King, poor soul. Most likely due to all the barbiturate Tom Parker had prescribed for him to keep the Elvis show on the road. Sad for a guy of 42.