How long does it take to catch swine flu
The H1N1 virus’s incubation period is still not confirmed but is only approximated a of somewhere between 4-7days. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-to-catch-swine-flu ]
More Answers to “How long does it take to catch swine flu“
- When people catch the swine flu, how long will it take to feel th…?
- I heard on tv that if you have an exposure that you will have symptoms within 48 hours. The swine flu symptoms are the same as any other flu, only a lab confirmation can tell if someone has it. With all the people in CA it is very very unli…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When people catch the swine flu, how long will it take to feel the symptoms?
- Q: Do you need to have ALMOST or ALL the symptoms to have the swine flue? What if you only have 4 of the symptoms? I went to public places (bus transportation, library, school, restaurant) today and I forgot to wash my hands before I ate dinner. Now I’m worried about catching swine flu since I live in California.
- A: I heard on tv that if you have an exposure that you will have symptoms within 48 hours. The swine flu symptoms are the same as any other flu, only a lab confirmation can tell if someone has it. With all the people in CA it is very very unlikely that you would catch it. Are you severely immunocompromised? Probably not, if concerned though call your doc for some reassurance
- How long after contact with someone or a public place would you be apt to catch swine flu?
- Q: I know with a cold you can catch it within a week when someone else exposes you to it but usually it is pretty fast like a couple of days. What about with the swine flu? How long does it take to start showing symptoms of it after exposure?
- A: Same. Two to seven days. Very normal incubation period for this kind of virus.
- How long will it take for my swine flu jab to take effect in terms of protecting me?
- Q: I had my jab on Monday. I’ve got asthma so I got it as I’m in one of the priority groups. Am I protected from flu now, or does it take a week or two? Of course, I know it’s not written in stone that I won’t still catch swine flu and I know the jab is an excellent method of protection, but I’m just curious. Thanks for your answers:)
- A: It takes about 14 days to produce sufficient antibodies. It should offer 70-90% protection.