What can cause a loss of appetite
Some possible causes for loss of appetite are viral gastroenteritis, depression, stress, anxiety, flu, dysthymia, acute stress disorder, irritable bowel syndrome, acute pancreatitis and the common cold. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-cause-a-loss-of-appetite ]
More Answers to “What can cause a loss of appetite“
- Many different things could cause loss of appetite. Some of those things are when someone is sick or in pain. Sometimes this will cause people not to eat.
- Food is a natural substance to the body’s well-being, providing the carbohydrates, fats, proteins and water the body needs to function. A lack of food results in dehydration and malnutrition and…
- Some people eat when they are really upset and some stop eating, sounds like you are the stop eating kind. It probably is not related to the pill, more to the liar boyfriend. Just hang in there, at least try to have some thin soup or someth…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can bronchitis and a cold cause loss of appetite?
- Q: I went to the doctors today and found out i had bronchitis. However, my nose is streaming and blocked causing me not being able to taste food.Before today, i didnt know what the problem was however, i coughed up phlem and my appetite has gone. Could bronchitis cause this?10 points best answer
- A: You apparently eat to live as opposed to live to eat. Smell is a very large part of taste. Now that you can’t smell it has taken the “fun” out of it so you lose the urge to eat. Yes, just having a cold and bronchitis will cause you to lose your appetite as well. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and take the medication your doctor prescribed for you. I know that sounds obvious but you’d be surprised at how many people stop taking antibiotics and such as soon as they feel better.Make sure you get plenty of rest. You don’t have to cook or do the dishes. Milk it for all it’s worth!God bless.
- What can cause loss of your appetite?
- Q: Lately I haven’t been that hungry. Usually I would snack a lot and eat whatever was put in front of me but now, I just don’t have the appetite. What would be the cause of this?
- A: Loss of appetite can be caused by just about any disease. The list is huge. In general, infections, cancer, diseases of the stomach, and depression can cause loss of appetite and hepatitis is especially likely to do so.
- What BESIDES paro can cause loss of appetite, lack of energy, vomiting?
- Q: no i do not have a sick puppy..i had a puppy that passed away but the vet says the blood work was not consistent with parvo ..i’m still trying to figure it out..how can poor breeding cause this??she was diagnosed with a bacterial infection and was on antibiotics..but they didn’t help
- A: Intestinal blockage or bacterial infection. liver problems, kidney problems, electrolyte imbalance, poisons/toxins, etc.