What is ablation of the atrium
A:Ablation is a procedure performed in which the source of a patient’s heart arrhythmia is mapped, localized, and then destroyed. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-ablation-of-the-atrium ]
More Answers to “What is ablation of the atrium“
- What is ablation of the atrium
- Ablation is a procedure performed in which the source of a patient’s heart arrhythmia is mapped, localized, and then destroyed.
- What Is an Atrial Fibrillation Ablation?
- Atrial fibrillation is a condition where the heart beats abnormally due to mixed up signals that originate in the atria, the two upper chambers of the heart. This can be paroxysmal, with short periods of arrhythmias, or it means arrhythmias…
- Does radiofrequency ablation of the slow pathway prevent atrial f…?
- The aim of this study was to assess the effects of ablation of the slow pathway on the eventual occurrence of atrial fibrillation (AF) in cases of intranodal junctional tachycardia (INJT). Two hundred and fifty seven patients were admitted …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I have SVT…Has anyone had a heart ablation or know of it?
- Q: SVT (supraventricular tachycardia)….is a congenital heart disease that consists of a rapid heartbeat originating in the atria, which is located in the upper chambers of the heart. An option to cure it is a heart ablation and it basically eases the symptoms for 2-3 yrs until the nerve grows back. The first time I had it done I was 15, now I’m 23 and I’m scheduled for my 2nd ablation on 4/4. A new cardiologist told me it would be wise to try to start a family within the next 2 yrs before I start getting symptoms again. Ihe explained if I’m pregnant and my symptom starts, everytime my heart goes into SVT the baby will lose oxygen to the brain. My bf of 6 yrs and I are not yet ready to settle down and start a family. We want to finish school and get married, but I’m afraid if I dont have a family now….I wont be able to later! Can what the cardiologist said be true, I’ve had many and hes the 1st to say this? and if it is true, would I be selfish to have a baby even if it isnt advised?
- A: I can’t asnwer your question regarding starting a family. That is something only you can answer. I can tell you that your condition could lead to a condition called chronic atrial fib. At which time you will probably need a blood thinner to prevent the risk of stroke. This would cause serious complications if you were to get pregnant at that point. I am not saying that it will happen. Only that there is a chance. I think what your doctor is trying to say that the longer you wait the more risk you have of being in SVT more often. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best.