What is good to eat for stomach flu
If you’re throwing up, don’t eat solid food. Instead, sip fluids, such as water, or chew on bits of ice. Thanks for using ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-good-to-eat-for-stomach-flu ]
More Answers to “What is good to eat for stomach flu“
- What is good to eat for a stomach flu?
- Anything you can keep down if you have been vomiting. Make sure you get a lot of fluids, so foods with high water content will be the best. As long as your hydrated the flu will be mach easier to handle.
- What is good for your health to eat while sick with the stomach f…?
- Drink anything for about 2 hours. If you are vomiting, don’t eat or drink anything for 4 hours. Then begin taking small (more?)
- Are Saltine Crackers The Best Thing To Eat When You Have Stomach …?
- Saltines, chicken broth ( I like Lipton cup of soup) jello, 7-up, sprite (I like ginger ale) unsweetened tea go slow and don’t eat until you have not vomited for at least a few hours. Sip the soda or tea slowly in small sips, and do not mak…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What should I eat after I get over the stomach flu?
- Q: I had the stomach flu for a couple days and I haven’t eaten anything since Wed. I feel much better stomach wise but when I got up to start cleaning I felt like I was going to pass out 🙁 I figure I need to eat something but I still have NO appetite. What do you think I should eat? I am a vegetarian so I do not eat chicken broth.
- A: Use the BRAT diet! Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRAT_diet My doctor actually told me about this one. I hope you feel better!
- Good foods for the stomach flu?
- Q: I have the stomach flu and I have no idea what to eat.I’m afraid to eat anything because I don’t want to throw up.I cannot keep any fast foods down so I need something I can make here at home that will calm my stomach down. Also, is vitamin water something good I can drink to help rehydrate?for some reason, normal water isn’t doing a lot for me.any food ideas are appreciated!i’ve heard rice was good, can i make it in a rice cooker and add “kikkoman” brand soy sauce or will that upset my stomach?
- A: Hi sweetie! The stomach flu is rough! Poor thing! First of all, to get the strength you need to get the virus out of your system, you need to HYDRATE. Get someone to go to the store for you pronto and have them buy some of the childrens “Pedialyte”, they even come in popsicles you can suck a bit down. With kids, we suggest a teaspoon every 15 mins to start, if you can manage to keep that amount down, then increase little by little. Ok ok if you just can’t bear the awful pedialyte stuff then you can also try gatorade, but water it down..the sugar is a bit high for my liking. If you aren’t eating, that is ok for a few days, as long as you are keeping hydrated. When your body tells you that it needs food (as in your stomach is now growling) then slowly re-introduce foods. Start with dry toast, white bread. No butter! You can try plain oatmeal, too. Applesauce and bananas are good starters too. Small amounts, though. Good luck, i hope I was able to help!
- Stomach Flu: What can I eat?
- Q: I’ve had the stomach flu since Tuesday. I’ve been eating white rice, applesauce, toast and saltines (soda crackers). They seem to be the only things I can keep down.What can I do for protein? I doubt it’s good to eat nothing but carbohydrates. I tried some baked chicken breast for lunch today but I threw it back up. Thank you.
- A: Pretty much what you are eating. The “BRAT” diet bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, is usually the only thing you can keep down. Egg whites and chicken broth are okay for some people. Since you will only have the bug for a few days, you don’t need to worry about protein. Your body has plenty of storage it will take from. It won’t harm you at all.